PDA

View Full Version : UDS cookin Question

Tweedle
09-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Ok Im sure this is on here someplace but please forgive me its early and i have to clean as i have people coming today so... thats my excuse:rolleyes:

I fired up my uds at 4 this morning and threw on an 7lb pork but and a 11 lb brisket. she is chugging along around 240-250* aprox how long do those cut take to cook?

also after I pull the brisket off, i am going to atempt burnt ends today as i hear they are tasty. from what i understand i just chop the point slather it in my sauce and toff it back on in a pan for a couple hours.. is that right?

thanks in advance:mrgreen:

let the ribbing begin lol

tjus77
09-13-2009, 06:24 AM
At 240-250, I plan on about 45 mins/lb. But I go by feel and look. If it is whole brisket, I was taught as a teen when I worked in a resturant that you feel the fat near the point between the layers. If your finger goes in easily (and I won't tell you what he compared it to, but he was right), the brisket is done.

On the pork, the meat will pull away from the bone a good ways and begin to open up. If you foil, I stick a probe in and get it to about 180 and let it rest in a cooler for 1/2 - 1 hour. Others have their ways of doing, but it is a good place to start.