PDA

View Full Version : 2 Butts and a Pizza w/Pron

dgassaway
09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Cooked 2 butts Friday just to compare recipes. One was following Chris Lilly's injection and rub recipe and the other using the "Mr Brown" recipe. Although I wanted to compare the two I also wanted to pay particular attention to drum temp and make sure I pulled them off at the right time.

Injected and rubbed Thursday afternoon and put them on the UDS at about 9:00 am Friday morning. After dealing with the wind a little I did manage to maintain about 228 during the cook but really had to babysit the smoker until the wind died down. Cooked for about 15 hrs to an internal temp of 196, foiled and rested in the cooler for 4+ hrs.

Both are moist and tasty with good bark and a decent smoke ring. Mr. Brown is a bit spicier due to all the black pepper. The family seems to like the Chris Lilly recipe a little better but not by much.

We enjoyed sandwiches and BBQ nachos for lunch (sorry no pron) and made a BBQ pizza tonight with pulled pork, grilled red onion and mozzarella cheese. Cooked it in the oven then put it on the gas grill with a chunk of hickory to brown up the crust a bit.

Have some left so if your near by please stop by for BBQ pizza and a cold beer!

Moose
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
That looks outstanding!

LMAJ
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I'll take 2 slices please!

bigabyte
09-12-2009, 10:22 PM
That looks delicious!:cool:

Mark Stanton
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks great. I'm hungry

Phesant
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Everything looks great, but that pizza....mmmmmmm :biggrin:

Bushwacker
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Very, Very Superb,, I'll have one slice,(don't want to be greedy) but I'll also have a pulled pork Sammie also to go please.. ahh the Pizza I'll have with a beer while we sit and discuss the Cook....Very nice Job..

Brian in So Cal
09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Dang That looks good.