PDA

View Full Version : Gas regulator?

Mo-Dave
09-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I was going to do a spatchcock chicken last night but the gas grill would not get over 165. So today I took off the regulator and cleaned the vent and now it is about 220 and holding. So I suspect the regulator, the bottle has plenty of gas, I hooked up my weed burner and it works fine.

I am on my way to Lowe's and Homedepot in a little while so can someone more knowledgeable then me tell me if I can do something to fix it other than replace it. It seems I read awhile back about a air pocket and what to do about it but can't remember what. Thanks in advance.
Dave

Kevin
09-12-2009, 11:01 AM
The new style tanks with the OPD valve also have an internal protection device that shuts off the flow of gas if there is a sudden drop in pressure, like would happen if a hose burst. If you open the tank valve too fast and there is no back pressure, the shut off valve will do just that. Shut off the flow of gas, or severely limit the flow. Make sure all of your burners are turned off and then open the tank valve very slowly.

Mo-Dave
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks again Kevin, I fired it up and did as you said so now it is at 425 and climbing. Now just waiting on my chuck or tri tip post.
Dave