PDA

View Full Version : Left-overs.................;}-

bbqfans
09-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Got some meat left from the weekend. PP,Brisky,Chicken. Thinking ,I'm not about to let go to waste, I'm gonna do Tamales Tomorrow:rolleyes:
Hijo is here and I can hold him captive for 2-3 hrs. and discover what is happening:?:(the old Tamale convo. trap).
Anyhow,will be posting these wonderful tidbits of love later.
Next time we make them though, I'm making Strawberry Tamales:!::!::!:
See ya in the next day.....................

Captain Dave
09-09-2009, 05:55 AM
My family has been on a burrito kick with leftover chicken or pork. They simmer it with a little water and a can of diced tomatoes and green chillies, a little onion, and some taco seasoning. Put it on a tortilla with some milky cheese and some sticky rice. Pretty good and fast.

DrNorm
09-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Captain that is a great idea for leftovers! I wonder; could you smoke a fat laden beef chuck or something like that to make pulled/shredded beef for beef burritos? I have done beef roasts in the oven for extended roasts >4 hrs.

seattlepitboss
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I smoke chuck roasts all the time. Wonderful beef flavor, makes "da bomb" pulled beef sandwiches. I buy whole chuck rolls (25 pounds or so), cut them in quarters so they cook faster and have more surface area for rub, and smoke a bunch at once. I pull it all, eat all we want, then put it up in Foodsaver bags and freeze them.

What we do a lot is to simply warm up the (thawed) pulled smoked chuck with a little beef broth. If it's heading for burrito meat we add some jalapeno and some garlic, and oh yes my brutha, it makes killer burritos! But my favorite way to eat it is over a baked potato. We like to eat what we call "entree baked potatoes" with butter, grated cheese, caramelized onion, sauteed sliced mushrooms, meat, and sour cream. Sometimes with bacon, if it's around. I buy the big russet baking potatoes from Costco that come in well over a pound apiece. One of our teenagers once ate three huge bakers absolutely loaded with toppings! Kid's thin as a rail too, sigh <JEALOUS>. :-)

seattlepitboss

DrNorm
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks! That is awesome! I am going to give that a try. You do a dry rub overnight? how long per pound about? I am really getting into this smoker thing! After making the best ribs I have ever had in my life this past weekend my wife says I can smoker whatever I want!

ljh34465
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I love authentic Mexican and saw where someone sauteed left over pulled pork (best if done in lard or bacon grease) until slightly crispy = a variation of carnitas - served on warm corn tortillas with chopped cilantro and chopped white onion and some salsa or hot sauce - really, really tasty.

Can't wait to try it with the next pork butt leftovers.