PDA

View Full Version : new k briquette

mbshop
09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
rumor is kingsford is coming out with a new briq for next year.

Rookie'48
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Whaaaaat, they going to a "Flavor of the Month" next?

Norcoredneck
09-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Probably the old formula, that is why the recent problems. They will probably charge 30% more.

J_Don
09-09-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't know if this is new or not but it is the first time I have seen it. I was looking for the competition briq to try and right next to it was briq's with hickory mixed in. I bought a couple of bags and not really sure if I like it or not. Maybe a couple more trys.

Texas Turtle
09-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Kingsford seems to have all but disappeared from the stores around here for some reason. Buddy of mine called Saturday and told me that Lowes in Katy had a big sale, 18 pound bag for $8.47 witha BOGO thrown in. I asked how much they had and he said two full pallets. I didn't feel like driving the 18 miles there during the weekend so I stopped on the way home from work Tuesday. All gone. Hit two more Lowes afterward and still none. Had my coupon ready and all. BTW, I have never seen a bag of Kingsford comp down here.

cgwaite
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't know if this is new or not but it is the first time I have seen it. I was looking for the competition briq to try and right next to it was briq's with hickory mixed in. I bought a couple of bags and not really sure if I like it or not. Maybe a couple more trys.

I've tried the Kingsford with Hickory and I liked the results. Your results may vary.

1FUNVET
09-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Kingsford seems to have all but disappeared from the stores around here for some reason. Buddy of mine called Saturday and told me that Lowes in Katy had a big sale, 18 pound bag for $8.47 witha BOGO thrown in. I asked how much they had and he said two full pallets. I didn't feel like driving the 18 miles there during the weekend so I stopped on the way home from work Tuesday. All gone. Hit two more Lowes afterward and still none. Had my coupon ready and all. BTW, I have never seen a bag of Kingsford comp down here.

I ended up getting 18 bags between the 2 local Lowes stores. Like i explained to wifey" but honey they are on sale":biggrin:

Lake Dogs
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
16 bags regular using coupon at Wallyworld. Had 18lb on sale for $7.50, and they
had Ballpark Beef hotdogs on sale for $2.50. $4 total after coupon. Doesn't suck.
That's 16 bags and counting...

Hugh Jorgan
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I've tried the Kingsford with Hickory and I liked the results. Your results may vary.

I used the one with mesquite once for some beef. A little strong but not too bad.

smknhotmama
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Used the Hickory K with our Pig Roast a couple weekends ago, we allliked how it turned out. Didn't notice anything vastly different but it was good all the same.