PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Charcoal

smokinajs
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Guys, I saw some of this the first time in my local Ace Hardware.. It is a 100 percent all natual briq. Comes in a 18 pound bag... Never heard of this stuff. thought about giving a bag a try.. Anyone out there every tried this stuff.. Is it any good?

voodooblu
09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag60.htm

trohrs123
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I dont know if what you were looking at was the lump or briquettes but I bought about 20 bags of the biquettes back in April...ACE had them onsale for about $6.00 a bag. First comp I used them my neighbor commented that it smelled like a plastic bag burning in my Spicewine. I thought he had been hitting the bottle a little too hard the night before. Fast forward... I'm doing a practice cook in back yard and wifey comes out and says that it smells like I'm burning oil or something... I open a fresh bag of Frontier, stick my nose in bag and that was it...smelled like some petroleum product. Needless to say I dont use the remaining bags for comps. I dont know the quality of the lump but stay away from the briquettes... Wrote the company about my experiencie .,..never had a reply...