PDA

View Full Version : Weber Performer

papalion
09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I can buy a RED weber performer with Stainless steel table for $110. Is this a good deal. They won't budge on price:?:

gpalasz
09-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Id say thats fair...esp if its in good shape. Would be nice if it has the newer style 5lb OPD propane tank. If not you will have to buy a new one for $50 so keep that in mind. I wouldnt trade my red S/S for nothing. Do you have a pic of it?

peaspurple
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
If it is in good shape I'd say go for it. The old style, ss, are built much better than the new ones. Just my opinion..

papalion
09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes it includes propane tank and two grates. I'am going to do it. Wife will kill me if she finds out. I already have 5 grills & 4 smoker:shock:

tubadude
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Haha!!!...I'm sure she will NEVER find out. Just go on and get it. Beg for forgiveness when she discovers it. About 3 years ago I went and bought a Harley and she was pissed for about 2 weeks.

gpalasz
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes it includes propane tank and two grates. I'am going to do it. Wife will kill me if she finds out. I already have 5 grills & 4 smoker:shock:

There is the old style propane tank (which most places will not fill anymore if it does not have the OPD valve) Mine did not....I had to buy a new tank.

Timmy
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Yep, I'd jump all over that one. Its a fair price like others have said.

Mo-Dave
09-09-2009, 12:57 AM
There is the old style propane tank (which most places will not fill anymore if it does not have the OPD valve) Mine did not....I had to buy a new tank.

If you go to a place like Lowes or Homedepot they may have the self serve tank exchanges like mine does, were you do it your self its all automated. That way you can exchange it for the new style without any hassle but it will cost a bit more. Then I always take the new bottle when its empty to a place that will fill them for about half what the exchanges cost.
Dave

Norcoredneck
09-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Performers are great to use, the stainlees is a definate plus.

Spydermike72
09-09-2009, 06:59 AM
What are you waiting for ?? We need pics!!

gpalasz
09-09-2009, 07:35 AM
If you go to a place like Lowes or Homedepot they may have the self serve tank exchanges like mine does, were you do it your self its all automated. That way you can exchange it for the new style without any hassle but it will cost a bit more. Then I always take the new bottle when its empty to a place that will fill them for about half what the exchanges cost.
Dave

I never seen a place that exchanges the 5lb tanks.

Mo-Dave
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I never seen a place that exchanges the 5lb tanks.

Yep we have them around here, don't have to deal with a store person you just pay outside and leave your old bottle.
Dave

The Anchorman
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I had my old school 5 gallon filled just this Saturday. The guy told me " if you tell me that you are a plumber then I can fill it. 'Cause professionals are excluded from the law. It is just for the home cooks." I said Yes, Yes I am.
Now I have a filled 5 gallon tank.:-P