PDA

View Full Version : I've got a problem!

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Every since I bought the CG and started using it, I don't wont to stop. It doesn't help that it is stored in the carport where the car is parked. Going and coming, my senses are overloaded with the various smells emulating from the smoker.

I know I'm a newbie and all, but is there an intervention program or BBQ Anonymous type group that could help?? :-D:-D:-D

BBQ Bandit
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Afraid not...

If you introduced yourself in Cattle call.. Divemaster would have already told you... there's no help... only the cravings will only continue... invest in pants with elastic waistbands

Midnight Smoke
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
This one addiction that you must feed to succeed.. Before long you learn to accept your problem and start passing out samples to your friends. Then they will start the cycle over again.

Grillman
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
There's no cure.

As someone here said before:..."Resistance if Futile"
I think it was the Aliens known as... "The Borg-E-Que"

bbqbull
09-08-2009, 06:35 PM
You are so in trouble as you have severly afflicted with a new hobby.
Good thing is your not alone.

Please introduce yourself in the Cattle Call section.

bbqfans
09-08-2009, 06:37 PM
You have contracted O.S.D. Obsessive Smoking Disorder
This is very contagious and never ends. It consumes weekends and spare time(not to mention the money it tends to suck out of your pockets).
It generates more friends than you can shake a rib at!!!!!:eek:
You'll be walking the neighborhood getting people to try your stuff. Then again, you'll have people over every time you light up and they won't go away until you feed them!!!
Good luck and welcome to the intervention session!!!:icon_smil

Mark Stanton
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
You better stock up on fuel :lol:

Smokin Mike
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
not to mention the money it tends to suck out of your pockets

no kidding!:icon_clown

bigabyte
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
We are a BBQ support group right here, and we are here to help.

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
This one addiction that you must feed to succeed.. Before long you learn to accept your problem and start passing out samples to your friends. Then they will start the cycle over again.

I like the feed method...:-D

There's no cure.

As someone here said before:..."Resistance if Futile"
I think it was the Aliens known as... "The Borg-E-Que"

Just go with the flow?

You are so in trouble as you have severely afflicted with a new hobby.
Good thing is your not alone.

Please introduce yourself in the Cattle Call section.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67476

Yep, seems like a bunch of good guys and gals on here. I've already increased my smoking knowledge 100 fold just reading this forum...

You have contracted O.S.D. Obsessive Smoking Disorder
This is very contagious and never ends. It consumes weekends and spare time(not to mention the money it tends to suck out of your pockets).
It generates more friends than you can shake a rib at!!!!!:eek:
You'll be walking the neighborhood getting people to try your stuff. Then again, you'll have people over every time you light up and they won't go away until you feed them!!!
Good luck and welcome to the intervention session!!!:icon_smil

The guys at work are starting to ask me when my next smoking experiment will take place to see if they will be on shift or not when I bring it in... :-D

Rich Parker
09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Afraid not...

If you introduced yourself in Cattle call.. Divemaster would have already told you... there's no help... only the cravings will only continue... invest in pants with elastic waistbands

RFLMAO!! That is the best advice I have read in a long time.

ljh34465
09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I used to do pasta, Mexican, other Italian - do you think having Q six nights a week is overdoing it?:-D Welcome to the group.

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 07:05 PM
RFLMAO!! That is the best advice I have read in a long time.

LOL, some mighty good advise! I don't know how I missed that when I did the multiquote thingy... :-D

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I used to do pasta, Mexican, other Italian - do you think having Q six nights a week is overdoing it?:-D Welcome to the group.

:eek:, wow this addiction can get really bad... :-D:-D

ljh34465
09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
many years ago I smoked weed, now I smoke pork:mrgreen:

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM

LOL, me too man :-D

landarc
09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I fail to see where there is a problem and why you would feel you need intervention.

Papa Payne
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I fail to see where there is a problem and why you would feel you need intervention.

Ahhh, ignorance is bliss I'm told... :-D:-D

vern1915
09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
do you think having Q six nights a week is overdoing it?:-D Welcome to the group.
During this past 5 day weekend I smoked 4 days. Burgers,chicken,ribs, chicken. I took leftovers for lunch on Tues. No, you're not over-doing it.

wickedbbq'r
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
BBQ Anonymous is for quitters!

firecracker jack
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Good luck man!...Your hooked....For life!

firecrackerjack

Captain Dave
09-08-2009, 07:58 PM
...when pork becomes a noun again. Or is that, you know you're getting old if?

burnin butts
09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
If you do find a cure, Please keep it to your self!!!!!!

BBQ Bandit
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Yea... and I thought the "munchies" were bad then... downright bad-azz now!!!

bbqfans
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Just hang on for the ride of your life; you ain't seen nothin' yet:!::!::!:
Intervention? Not, it's a MAD HOUSE:arrow:they blew the thing apart:icon_frow
and I don't see a problem either, the munchies got me here and the Butt kept me...
Now the Wifey is just a snack:icon_blush:.

NorthwestBBQ
09-08-2009, 08:28 PM
The only cure is to Smoke more! :eek:

bbqfans
09-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Here's the gig. Take a couple dozen Eggs. Put them in the smoker while you do the rest of your cook. 225*F is a good temp.,cook for 2 hrs. and test one. when done, take the shells off and re-smoke 30min. or so(don't let them get tough).Then take them to work and hand them out to friends. Sit back and wait for the comments.:eusa_clap
Next week, do some Bacon,laid on the grid and coated with Brown Sugar. close the smoker and let them glaze. Pig Candy.
Ask some of the other Brethern for ideas too. You'll be popular in no time.....:rolleyes:

Papa Payne
09-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Here's the gig. Take a couple dozen Eggs. Put them in the smoker while you do the rest of your cook. 225*F is a good temp.,cook for 2 hrs. and test one. when done, take the shells off and re-smoke 30min. or so(don't let them get tough).Then take them to work and hand them out to friends. Sit back and wait for the comments.:eusa_clap
Next week, do some Bacon,laid on the grid and coated with Brown Sugar. close the smoker and let them glaze. Pig Candy.
Ask some of the other Brethern for ideas too. You'll be popular in no time.....:rolleyes:

Eggs on the smoker? Pig candy? I have a lot to learn yet. Both sound good and I now have a mission for this weekend (If I can wait that long). :-D

Thanks for the suggestions!

blues_n_cues
09-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Every since I bought the CG and started using it, I don't wont to stop. It doesn't help that it is stored in the carport where the car is parked. Going and coming, my senses are overloaded with the various smells emulating from the smoker.

I know I'm a newbie and all, but is there an intervention program or BBQ Anonymous type group that could help?? :-D:-D:-D

no.
the next progression in your affliction is starting to collect smokers & spending endless hours on craigslist looking for used kettles & drums.
your favorites list will morph into endless file folders containing recipes,rubs,sites for online smoking woods,competitions to attend,etc etc.and you will be buying a new camera to achieve the maximum pron...
then a new hard drive to store gazillion bytes of said pron.....:shock:

Mo-Dave
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Well you are not really addicted until you start buying stuff and hiding it form your better half and when they do see it you just look surprised and say something like dear I have had that forever and you are just now noticing it? And remember when they ask how much it cost you should already have a predetermined cost that will amount to 2 or 3 cents on the dollar or better yet you found it in someones dumpster or it was given to you. Hope you are creative.

Problem is when you die and they sell your stuff they will only ask for what you said you paid.
Dave

smoke it if ya got it
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Now every time you smell smoke weather it be from a fireplace or burning car you will get those deep cravings after awhile you know youve got it bad when you step outside just to make sure your smoker still has the smell from your last cook if not go to the freezer and smoke again this isnt a cure just a way to get through it day by day.

rhgjr944
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
More, more,more.....

zydecopaws
09-09-2009, 08:59 PM
You've come to the right place for help... in more firmly rooting the obsession.

Papa Payne
09-11-2009, 05:54 PM

I couldn't wait for the weekend and decided to smoke some ribs Wednesday along with a dozen eggs. Man was THAT a disaster!! I was trying a different way to deflect/spread the heat around in the CG smoking chamber and royally screwed up. Got the smoking chamber too hot, plus the dual temp probe had only one input working, etc, etc... So after about 1 hour I put those eggs on and started the count down. In about 1 hour or so, I heard a dull pop. Sure enough one of the eggs exploded all over every thing else. :shock: Then the ribs turned out over cooked and tougher than leather:shock:

I guess it's all part of being a newbie and all... :-D

Anyway, just got back with 2 butts and will go back at it in the morning.

vern1915
09-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I couldn't wait for the weekend and decided to smoke some ribs Wednesday along with a dozen eggs. Man was THAT a disaster!! I was trying a different way to deflect/spread the heat around in the CG smoking chamber and royally screwed up. Got the smoking chamber too hot, plus the dual temp probe had only one input working, etc, etc... So after about 1 hour I put those eggs on and started the count down. In about 1 hour or so, I heard a dull pop. Sure enough one of the eggs exploded all over every thing else. :shock: Then the ribs turned out over cooked and tougher than leather:shock:

I guess it's all part of being a newbie and all... :-D

Anyway, just got back with 2 butts and will go back at it in the morning.
You'll have a problem or 2along the way, & some failures as well, but if it was simple, everone would do it.