PDA

View Full Version : Ok That is it! Meat prices just suck dear for convience....

Ashmont
09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
As most of you are aware I have three kids eating me outta house and home. Normal for growin kids! Wife buys lunch meat at Sams or deli at the grocery store. (Pre sliced and per lbs) Roughly $8.00-$9.00 per lb! :eek: Well bought at slicer a while back thinking we could save money by slicing it ourselves!:icon_blush: (Never told her until see saw it on the table. I knew it was gonna be me doing the slicing). She will buy about $20.00 a week for maybe 2.5 lbs. Well fast forward this weekend I was at Resturaunt Depot and picked up Roast Beast $3.09 a lb a ham turkey salami for less than $2.00 a lb. Well see picture! All of this for less than $50.00 and an hour of slicing dicing and vac suck for the freezer. Hopefully this will last more than a week. :lol: Nuttin like a little work that will pay off. I am sure that the slicer was paid for with just this one attempt.. Have a great day!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Ashmont_/Farm/IMG_2621.jpg

mbshop
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
store bought sliced meat is very expensive. i smoke my own and bag it. waaaaay cheaper.

bigabyte
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
It works. I invested in a slicer a couple years back. Best dang idea ever.

landarc
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Ooo! that unauthorized slicer is paying off already. Good going.

Hugh Jorgan
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Now you can tell the wife, "Told ya so. Just wait 'til you see the other surprises I have planned!"

Ashmont
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Now you can tell the wife, "Told ya so. Just wait 'til you see the other surprises I have planned!"

Well so far all my bbq purchases have been unauthorized!:icon_blush: Not sure if I want to risk my life right now! :eek:

Ashmont
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Next time I will buy some footlong french style bread and make major subs to fill up the family for an hour while I slice......

Skip
09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm interested to hear how lunch meat sliced freezes. I've never tried it but all in all should be fine. Would love to hear feedback on it though.

C Rocke
09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Your kids get meat?

LOL

Just wait 'til they bring home 4 friends from college at Xmas vacation, announce they are football players, and then ask what's for dinner. It just never ends!

Divemaster
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Just wait 'til they bring home 4 friends from college at Xmas vacation, announce they are football players, and then ask what's for dinner. It just never ends!
My daughter brought home a friend that is a volley ball player... Did up two 6 pound butts... Think any of it is left for the old man????

Ashmont
09-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Your kids get meat?

LOL

Tell me about Justin and AdamBomb are football players. Were going through 5 gallons of milk a week. I told them they bring them over you better tell me way in advance.... I know that will happen