PDA

View Full Version : Ribs too lean?

indianagriller
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Is there anything as too lean of spare ribs? I bought a case of spares from Gordon Food Services and cooked up two racks today. The end result was passable ribs but there was no pull back and they were some what dry. I was hoping to use them for competition ribs, but I dont think i can. The temp of the UDS was at 190 side 225 grate. I cooked them for about 4.5 hours with about a half hour of foil ( which i cook ribs thi way all the time and they come out great) The only think i can think i that they were just too lean of a cut. Should I foil longer to help retain moisture?

FatDaddy
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes I had 4 out of 6 racks over the weekend that had a few shiners and were actually very lean and scrawny. But the other 2 were plenty plump, I just screwed em up lol.

landarc
09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I think it is just the fact that ribs, and all meat, are natural products, you get some good and some not so good. Dunno how to save them, once you know they are dry, it is kinda hard to get moisture into them.

HumboldtSmokeBBQ
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I think it is just the fact that ribs, and all meat, are natural products, you get some good and some not so good. Dunno how to save them, once you know they are dry, it is kinda hard to get moisture into them.
copy that