PDA

View Full Version : Kingsford question~~~ PLEASE

pdxRandy
09-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Does the Kingsford charcoal with hickory and mesquite burn different than the standard briguet? Other than the smell of the smoke? As in faster or slower burn? Hotter or colder?

If I use these hickory or misquite briguets in my WSM how should they be used. A full load of them or mix with standard ones? If they are mixed would you mix differnt for a short cook like BBribs compared to a long cook for a butt or brisket?

The reason, my buddy with the truck is on his way over and we are going to Lowe's with a couple of friends to help me set in a winter supply of charcoal.

Smokey Al Gold
09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
It burns pretty much the same with a slight wood smoke smell. Most times I can barely smell it at all. You'd be better off with regular k and wood chunks.

nucleargeek
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
No difference in burn speed or quality. If it's the same price as regular K, then it doesn't matter, but I use regular K and logs for best effect.

pdxRandy
09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Just came in with 40 bags of regular k. That should keep this newbie smokin' most of the winter. Maybe:rolleyes:

capri man
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
lowes here is got a limit of 2 free bags!!!:roll:

Timmy
09-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I find that they burn just alittle bit hotter than the regular K.

pdxRandy
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
@cm..........the checkout person at Lowe's didn't care how many trips we made just bought two and got two for free, ten times. Simple. :icon_blush:

swibirun
09-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I like the hickory for my offset. I've used it several times this summer and haven't found it to burn much different. I've used it in my Brinkmann's offset and my Brinkmann's charcoal grill with good results (although not as good as lump in my BGE :) )

Meat Burner
09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Does the Kingsford charcoal with hickory and mesquite burn different than the standard briguet? Other than the smell of the smoke? As in faster or slower burn? Hotter or colder?

Nope. Pretty much the same deal. Let us know if you think there is much difference. Every smoke is a little different anyway no matter what fuel you use.