PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to do sausage wraps ?

DoubleC
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I have been asked to do sausage wraps for an upcoming event. They want to keep it simple. Does anyone have any recomendations, recipes, or techniques that they would like to share on how you do your's. This isnt something we normally do for 150 people but it's what they want. I assume it's necessary to provide for 250/300 as most will probably have more than 1. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

BBQchef33
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM
this may seem like a stooopid question, but whats a sausage wrap? Do u mean something wrapped in sausage (stuffed fatty) or do u want a "wrap" (thin tortilla) with sausage inside(with other stuff).. or a pig in a blanket type thing?

CaptainJimmy
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
i think he means something like don marco makes, a sausage arugala wrap?

BBQchef33
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
or Sausage/brocolli Rabe/Mozerella cheese.??
or beef sausage, jalepeno, cheddar?
or chorizo with rice and beans(tex mex type)

Jorge
09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
My guess is a link or part of a ring wrapped in a flour tortilla.

I've seen it done a hundred different ways. It's basically a hotdog with a tortilla instead of a bun.

Get me some good tickets for Midland Lee vs. Permian and might even come cook them for you:-P:mrgreen:

Grillman
09-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Assuming it's a sausage wrapped in a Tortilla.....precook all the sausage;
and chop it up....cook a lot of Rice and Refried beans, and maybe some
Salsa.
You can even make them in advance if you want.
Spoon some Sausage, Rice, Beans, Cheese, and Salsa onto the Tortilla and
wrap them in the 12 X 12 pre cut aluminum sheets.
Have some squirt bottles of Sour Cream & Hot sauce available so peopls
can doctor them up.
You can season the Rice with whatever seasonings are appropiate for
your area of Texas.

DoubleC
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
What I am refering to is sausage wrapped in a plain tortilla. Nothing fancy or to complicated.

FatDaddy
09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
smoke or grill the sausage. cut the length of the tortilla, wrap it up. Serve it with some mustard or by itself. KISS method works well with sausage wraps.

orangeblood
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
use good flour tortillas (not the thick gummy kind packaged in california) and heat them on a comal (griddle); offer a few different kinds of mustard - including jalapeno mustard and also offer freshly diced white onion to sprinkle on top.

hopefully you will be serving arctic cold bottlled beer too?

Jorge
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Well...since you aren't going to offer tickets to Lee vs. Permian :lol:......

If it's a grill I'd cook links instead of rings. If you are cooking offset and can keep rings far enough from the heat and a grease fire I'd cook rings and slice as needed. tortillas can be wrapped in foil a half dozen or so at a time and warmed on the pit/grill. All of the usual hotdog condiments, available and on ice to make the health department happy. I'd add some pico de gallo, and hot sauce if you are using a sausage with any flavor.

early mornin' smokin'
09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
phil now you got me thinking about a brocoli rabe/mozzarella fatty, maybe saute brocoli rabe in some onions, garlic and oil....mmmmmmmmmmmm

bbqfans
09-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Right, nothing complicated, your sausage of choice, some Onion and Bell Pepper(or Chiles) with some color and grill them soft to add to the Torts and Dogs.:idea:
Just a suggestion and
SMOKE HAPPY :mrgreen: