PDA

View Full Version : legal advise

badger
09-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Dear Lawyer,

It all started when I was surfing the web for some tricks and hints about making better Q in my Bandera. I was just a normal day, sunny and warm, birds chirping, dogs frolicking in the back yard and then it happened. I stumbled across a Bandera-Brethren group on Yahoo, I should have known that I should stay out while I still could. After reading post after post for 3 days straight (at work) I posted one myself suggesting that I can build a web site to hang out at. The leader (name not to be mentioned... PHIL) said that would be great, so up went a web site (built while at work).

Here I am today Sep 3 2003, three weeks later and all I do is think about when I am going to be able to smoke my next meal. I go to work to get on the Internet and hang out on the web site most of the day (if I am near a computer I have the web site up), my lawn has not been mowed in over three weeks, I have to go shopping with my wife (for more meat) to get to know her again, my personal hygene is in worse condition then my Bandera. I have put in a request to facilities at work to install a smoker in the kitchen on my floor (required for y2k compliancy).

The worse is what will take place tomorrow... I bought 6 slabs of pork baby backs for my self tonight so I can do a mid week smoke ON A THURSDAY. Where is it going to stop?

Please help me! Can I take any legal action against this Brethren Cult?

Sincerely,
Smoked and confused

chad
09-04-2003, 10:03 AM
You are in deep DO. There is no turning back-- you have been turned to the dark side :D

The server could be named HAL after the computer in 2001, at least then you could blame the computer(s) for all your problems. :D

BrethrenCouncil
09-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Smoked and Confused:

Kindly be advised that your situation is not uncommon, as experienced by fellow Brethern;however, after reviewing the By-Laws, Rules, Regulations, Constitution, Declaration of Independance, as well as the ingredients of Manny's Pit Bull Hot Sauce,(together with the reverse of the Capn Crunch Box--but that may be off topic) I must advise you that there exists no basis in law or equity upon which to file a claim. In essence, the response to your inquiry is "No-Way."

You can, if you wish, channel your agression to designing the coordinating socks to the Brethern Cult Flag.

Very truly,

Brethren Council

chad
09-05-2003, 09:37 AM
The socks will be basic black over the calf for wearing with sandals :D

We also need a t-shirt design. My eldest son, the former Marine, is thinking of getting me a shirt that simply says Barbeque Freak! He and I are considering a 150 mile 'q run to Peeple's BBQ in Auburndale, FL, they opened for the season on Thursday night, 9/4/03. :D The wife said we should wait since they'll be so busy!!??

parrothead
09-05-2003, 09:43 AM
The wife said we should wait since they'll be so busy!!??

If they are going to be so busy, maybe you should go a day or two in advance and camp out at their front door. Maybe they will let you taste their test runs. Or take a cooker and sell bbq to everybody else camping out.

chad
09-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Too late -- they're already open. They must do something right - I used to make runs for 'q back in 1966 and they'd been open for years then. They're only open Thursday-Saturday 11-9 and are closed all summer. Their front door is screen -- I'm talking serious shack/joint barbeque!! I've got to get a picture of this place -- come to think of it I need to get a picture of Eli's here in Dunedin, too. Eli's is only open Friday and Saturday lunch til he runs out of 'q. :D

BigAl
09-06-2003, 12:17 AM
You are in deep DO. There is no turning back-- you have been turned to the dark side :D

The server could be named HAL after the computer in 2001, at least then you could blame the computer(s) for all your problems. :D

IT was a typo, it was Hi AL, not HAL.... Damn, I Was there and now forgoten,,,,except for heat shield....

BrooklynQ
04-30-2006, 01:27 PM
all I do is think about when I am going to be able to smoke my next meal. I go to work to get on the Internet and hang out on the web site most of the day (if I am near a computer I have the web site up), my lawn has not been mowed in over three weeks, I have to go shopping with my wife (for more meat) to get to know her again, my personal hygene is in worse condition then my Bandera. I have put in a request to facilities at work to install a smoker in the kitchen on my floor (required for y2k compliancy).

Please help me! Can I take any legal action against this Brethren Cult?

Sincerely,
Smoked and confused

I'm KNOW the feeling. Now I wind up smoking 350lbs of meat with the Grand Exulated Mystic Poohbah and come home thinking about my next cook. It's a cult I tell you! A cult!

Bigmista
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Wow! How many cults actually last 3 years?

thirdeye
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow! How many cults actually last 3 years?

It all depends on the strength of their Kool Aid.