PDA

View Full Version : Brisketx2, wrapped tenders, fajita fixins...PRON

Desert Dweller
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
So I grabbed a couple of 14+ lb. packers, lightly trimmed them in the BigMista video style, seasoned them with a heavy coat of Todd's Dirt on each and a light coat of John Henry's Texas Brisket Rub on one and the other with Heffer Dust. I wanted to experiment and find the perfect bark... Into the BDS Mega with a couple chunks of oak and one apple split. 9.5 hours later the briskets were resting tented for 20 mins and the family sat down to brisket and lettuce only salad for dinner. One of the reasons I cooked two brisky's was I wanted to freeze up a bunch for a camping trip for next weekend. I also grilled some sliced veggies in anticipation of making some fajitas while camping. And just because I wanted some snack food I wrapped some chicken tenders in bacon, seasoned with Dizzy Pig's Shakin the Tree and some more Crabby Dirt, then added some T's D. Crabby Dirt was actually developed for fish, but it's real good on chicken!

Hope you enjoy the pics... Thx 4 stoppin in!

GreasePig
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
You were right about the bark... looks plenty good from here!

Awesome as always Bo!

MrJP1957
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Good lookin family, good lookin food. How did you get them to sit still that long with such good looking food in front of them?

txschutte
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Good lookin family, good lookin food. How did you get them to sit still that long with such good looking food in front of them?
And boys to boot? Mine stab and slice like hungry cretans.....

landarc
08-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Nice looking food and the family looks so happy and well behaved. I assume threats of no brisket or getting round steak might be involved.

Redheart
08-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I cooked tonight too and your pron is making me hungry! Brisket look delicious.

Desert Dweller
08-30-2009, 12:17 AM

And boys to boot? Mine stab and slice like hungry cretans.....

Nice looking food and the family looks so happy and well behaved. I assume threats of no brisket or getting round steak might be involved.

When bad behavior warrants it I have been known to have a kid eating a peanut butter w/o jam sandwich while we eat steak or whatever. All in all I gotta admit I got some pretty good kids who respond under threat of PNB or worse...

Norcoredneck
08-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Looks great. Where did you get the Briskets?

Rich Parker
08-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Four teenage boys...no wonder you are always cooking large cuts of meat with tons of pron.

JimDandysNYDan
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Job well done as usual Bo....looks great.

jlough69
08-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Great looking meal!

Desert Dweller
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Looks great. Where did you get the Briskets?

Albertson's... Out of the three grocery chain's in my neighborhood, Safeway, Fry's and Albertson's, they are the only ones who consistantly carry full packers.

Saiko
08-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow, that's one impressive meal. Brisky bark looks perfect, very nice job!

Phubar
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
If you could win a price for "Best satisfied customer pic" you 'd win it for sure!
The smiles on their faces look legitimate!
Good eats!