PDA

View Full Version : Why Drinking Makes You Smarter

BigJimsBBQ
08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
After a few brews, I had an ah haw moment about why you get smarter with every drink ... here goes.

In Nature, the weak of the herd always falls behind and get’s killed by the predator. Well, since it is a scientific fact that alcohol kills brain cells, I believe it is killing the stupid ones and you get smarter with each drink.

Big Jim’s Theory of Drinking Makes You Smarter …. Feel free to use :icon_cool

Bbq Bubba
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
After a few brews, I had an ah haw moment about why you get smarter with every drink ... here goes.

In Nature, the weak of the herd always falls behind and get’s killed by the predator. Well, since it is a scientific fact that alcohol kills brain cells, I believe it is killing the stupid ones and you get smarter with each drink.

Big Jim’s Theory of Drinking Makes You Smarter …. Feel free to use :icon_cool

Cliff Clavin mod :cool:

Hugh Jorgan
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Lol, I'm totally gonna use that this weekend!

Cliff Clavin, haven't thought about him in years, I might have to break out the old VCR.

Bushwacker
08-28-2009, 12:33 AM
LMAO, That was my first thought also Bubba. We had a guy at work we used to call Cliff, for just that reason,lol . Guess that old saying that Great minds think alike..

Captain Dave
08-28-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't know Cliff, but i can state, for sure, drinking beer makes you smarter. No one can argue it made Budweiser.

The Pigman
08-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks Jim wass wondering why I cook better its has to do with all those emty bottles......

Teleking
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Buffalo Theory

"The Buffalo Theory" is an "Urban legend" that is often attributed to Cliff Clavin from Cheers. The "quote" does sound like something Cliff could have said but is not from the actual show. The Buffalo Theory goes like the following:

"Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin

chambersuac
08-28-2009, 11:42 AM
thanks for the laugh

Lake Dogs
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
With any luck, I'll be a GENIUS by tomorrow morning!

1FUNVET
08-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm always smarter on Sunday morn.I've noticed when i was younger, tho i was twice as smart as i am now on Sunday. Wonder why? :biggrin:

Lake Dogs
08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm always smarter on Sunday morn.I've noticed when i was younger, tho i was twice as smart as i am now on Sunday. Wonder why? :biggrin:

Youthful and ignorant makes 'ya think you're brilliant when you're
actually just stupid and ignorant.

Drinking ourselves smarter; this is SCIENCE!