PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Program

Oldtimer
08-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Wife and I where discussing trying to catalog all the recipes we have come upon or been provided with here. What does everyone suggest for a program or should i start a poll ? Yea she is showing interest, but she ain't coming to the bash. :lol:

chad
08-27-2003, 06:24 PM
I use one called Cookin' 2000 that I got on sale from CompUSA. I use it to catalog recipes and scale recipes for catering.

There are several editions available and with different "cook books" all are updatable via the internet

Bill-Chicago
08-27-2003, 06:48 PM
I drink.

So I don't know what a recipe is.

Just throw **** in till it tastes good.

I can never remember my name, let alone quantities.

So whatever works for the group.

chad
08-27-2003, 06:56 PM
MasterCook is another program that is used a lot. Even Sam's carries these programs so look around and you'll find one for a price you like.

BBQchef33
08-27-2003, 07:01 PM
RECIPE??? We don't need no steekin recipes!!

Measurments in my yard are in

a little or
some or
a handfull or
a whole mess of

take those measurments, add ingriedents and ya got FOOD!!!!

phil

cheez
08-28-2003, 12:27 PM
I use Mastercook also. I like it, but then it's the only one I've ever used. The hard part is putting the recipes in, but it sure is nice to be able to find them, scale them, and print them when you want to.

Cheez

badger
08-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Are you guys for or against pirated software?

chathorne
08-28-2003, 01:13 PM
i'm all for it !!?!!!?!!!?

as a matter of fact ... well nevermind

badger
08-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Gimmy some names and I will see what I can do.

Maybe I can put my wife to work on making a master DB of recipes! I will have to run it by here though, I don't want to interupt her "Martha Stuart living" at 9:00am, "price is right" at 10:00am', and "days of the lives" at noon. :)

chad
08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Regarding software:

I work for IT. I work for Department of Corrections. I work in the Probation & Parole offices.

Need I say more?

Software is cheap compared to the consequences :D

badger
08-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Regarding software:

I work for IT. I work for Department of Corrections. I work in the Probation & Parole offices.

Need I say more?

Software is cheap compared to the consequences :DHow do you work for IT, Department of Corrections, and in the Probation & Parole offices and still have time to Q?
Do you have time also to deal with the consequences? ;)

I agree, software is cheap. But it is better when it is FREE comming from the open source community. Like ALL of this GREAT software you all use on this web site.

Besides, I have not been on parole in quite some time :mrgreen:

Oldtimer
08-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Fart and Flush

chad
08-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Anyone interested in Cook'n software (ie. Cook'n 2000) check out

http://www.dvo.com/

It's the home for dvo software and lists all their products. It's good stuff - I've been using it for about a year.

chathorne
08-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Hmmm
i've got that bar-b-q bible that they picture in the corner of the Cook'n and Grill'n
but it still looks iinteresting
i would like to put all my books into one data base for conveniance