PDA

View Full Version : One from South Carolina

cabo
08-24-2003, 12:16 PM
And for now, it looks like the only one :(

Name is Harry. Because there is at least one other Harry in the group I go by Harry SC
Been living here (Columbia) in central South Carolina for about 35 years. Prior to that mostly all over the world (I was a military brat).
I'm 56 years of age (NOT OLD :) ). I've been cookin up something (mostly trouble, my mother would say) most of my life. Have one daughter. She'll turn 29 in September (Gawd! did I say I wasn't old?).
Other half & me parted ways some time ago, but still friends.
I'm a workaholic so no time for pets (woudn't be fair to have to reintroduce myself to a dog every day after 12 hours at work). A fish you say? OK! What kind of wood & how much Lemon Pepper???
:lol:
First started Smoke Cookin about 20 years ago when I bought a bullet smoker for my stepfather for his birthday (I ended up with it 'cause he was used to pit cooked pork). I started experimenting and made a believer out of him. Well, for the next 2 years I got smokers for my birthday. SHEESH!! A little imagination pleeeze :lol:
I've owned a Bandera for about 2 years now. Been buisily educating friends about other things possible beside Bbq pork & chicken, with moderate success (My education gleaned mostly from the Brethren.) Remember, I'm by myself here!! I could use a little help !!! Some fellow South Carolinians step up please!!!!!!!!!
My cookers are:
1 Bandera, most of the mods (although Al's basket looks & sounds much better than mine).
1 Bullet Smoker left (Brinkman I think).
1 No Name Kettle Grill (Used mostly for a fire box).
2 Turkey Fryers, Home made (by the same Stepfather).
Polders & other essentials that are needed by an individual afflicted with the same passion as mine. :D
Oh! Mug shot will probably be availabe after Bash II :oops:

'Q ON BRETHREN.

An Orphan Looking For A Home..........FOUND ONE!!!!!!!!
Harry S.C.

Bill-Chicago
12-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Welcome Harry,

Glad to have you.

Brothers, I just spoke to Harry.

He's doing,,, okay. Lots of things going on right now, and its the busy time at work to boot.

He appreciates that we're all thinking of him, and hopes to check in again soon.

Good luck to you Harry!

parrothead
12-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Get your arse back here as soon as possible, brother. We miss ya.

chad
12-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Welcome back! Missed ya!

You doing your annual hams again this year? :D

Solidkick
12-07-2004, 10:22 AM
resurrected post mod.

But I sure miss Harry.........He's a good ol' boy! Really enjoyed our conference in Yahoo at the last bash.

tommykendall
12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Cabo Harry Wabo - one of the good guys

Heimelswine
12-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Glad to have you here Harry SC.

cabo
12-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Welcome Harry,

Glad to have you.

Brothers, I just spoke to Harry.

He's doing,,, okay. Lots of things going on right now, and its the busy time at work to boot.

He appreciates that we're all thinking of him, and hopes to check in again soon.

Good luck to you Harry!

Hey Guys,
Damn I was chatty 1 post farker. I should have broken that post and most of the rest into bits and pieces, then my post count would be up around two or three grand. :twisted: Oh well live & learn. Not me!!! Cause here I go again!!! :roll:
Things are going better now, and work is starting to level off a bit. So hopefully I’m back.
I want to thank all the Brethren for their concern, and emails. Bill, that call from you was the highlight of my day. OK, Ok, so I’m easy. Who don’t know that?? After that call everything went into a steady down hill slide, as do most days, but they don’t start with a long distance call from a caring & concerned Brother. Group Hug inserted here.
Ok, I gotta shuddup now and save the rest for more posts.

tommykendall
12-12-2004, 12:36 PM
OK, Ok, so I’m easy. Who don’t know that??

You sure are easy Wabo - specially once I get you in the trailer :shock:

cabo
12-12-2004, 01:25 PM
OK, Ok, so I’m easy. Who don’t know that??

You sure are easy Wabo - specially once I get you in the trailer :shock:

Ok, if I wasn’t numb from all this reading and about 9 beers, which I’m not used to anymore, (but workin on it) I’d have a come back.
Just wait your arse will be mine :twisted: . I know, promises, promises.
By the way how’s life on the left coast. Are ya unpacked yet?