PDA

View Full Version : thermapen

Grumpy's Q
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
My trusty Taylor instant read thermometer busted on me. Sad day. :cry: I think I'm going to change to a thermapen. Are there any deals to be had on a thermapen? Going rate on a new one is $ 99.00. Any information is much appreciated!

Mike

Northwoods Smoke
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
If you order direct, you can get the original version for $74.00 (and worth every penny).

It goes without saying that Black is the fastest and most accurate.

big brother smoke
08-12-2009, 04:18 PM
If you order direct, you can get the original version for $74.00 (and worth every penny).

It goes without saying that Black is the fastest and most accurate.

^^^^what he said, except the part about the color. :tongue:

Grumpy's Q
08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I didn't see the older models when I looked the other day. Do now!

Keller Steeler
08-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

KC_Bobby
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
This again?

thillin
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I think Daydots carries them. But I think my last coupon expired

thillin
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Does this fall under the one eggcessory gift?

Grumpy's Q
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Does this fall under the one eggcessory gift?

pretty much :mrgreen:

Grumpy's Q
08-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

I may have take you up on that! Thanks! :biggrin:

TOPS BBQ
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Ditto! Still haven't opened the new one.:mrgreen:

Norcoredneck
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
If you don't get the right COLOR you will be BLUE with envy, if you get my drift.

Yakfishingfool
08-12-2009, 09:00 PM
You guys are nutz!!!

Westexbbq
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Love the threads that pop up from time to time re thermopens.
There is nothing better than the feel and 'sperience but thermopens are a valuable tool/bullet in the bandolero when they are RAY-ED.

Phesant
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM
And on this site there are so many misled individuals that don't see the LIGHT

Tarpon65
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Received an email from Thermapen today and the original pens are on clearance for $74.00 until gone. Here is the link in case anyone is interested http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/tpen_home.html . Gator Orange is the way to go!

big brother smoke
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
You forgot the link.

N8man
09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
You mean this link???
Thermapen (http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/tpen_home.html)

BBQ Grail
09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
The color of your thermapen is really important when you slather your briskets with mustard prior to cooking them fatside down on your galvanized metal shopping cart after you cleaned all the bees out of it.

big brother smoke
09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You mean this link???
Thermapen (http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/tpen_home.html)

Yea, thats it. You beat me to posting it, because I was drooling on the splash proof one :biggrin:

NorthwestBBQ
09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I love my BLUE one.

Ross in Ventura
09-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Try this $74.00
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/tpen_home.html

Ross

Tarpon65
09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
People with orange pens ain't the brightest, just the best cooks! :biggrin:

TexasGuppie
09-11-2009, 09:01 PM
My trusty Taylor instant read thermometer busted on me. Sad day. :cry: I think I'm going to change to a thermapen. Are there any deals to be had on a thermapen? Going rate on a new one is $ 99.00. Any information is much appreciated!

Mike

Buy a BLUE Thermapen. Contrary to the many opinions available here regarding the accuracy and speed of the other colors, facts do not lie. Read on:

Blue is the color of the hottest and most effective part of any fire or flame.
"Blue" was the name of one of the most RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE canines to ever exist in the United States.
Blue was the first choice of Betsy Ross as the ONLY color of the American flag. Red and White were added later only to please those on the early episodes of HGTV.
The term, "I'm feeling blue" was derived from the dissatisfaction of young children when the Crayola Crayon company decided that one color wasn't enough and chose to add another 63. The company's stock plunged and for several weeks the company was in threat of folding.
Some of the World's greatest musicians and songs are of the BLUES genre. It wasn't called "REDS" or "GREENS" for a reason. It just didn't make sense.
The sky is BLUE, the ocean is BLUE and Frank Sinatra's eyes were BLUE.
The King of Rock and Roll didn't wear RED suede shoes. He sung of the traits, characteristics and benefits of BLUE suede shoes.
I hope these FACTS help guide you in making the right choice.

Sincerely,

-Gup

Kickback BBQ on Guam
09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Buy a BLUE Thermapen. Contrary to the many opinions available here regarding the accuracy and speed of the other colors, facts do not lie. Read on:

Blue is the color of the hottest and most effective part of any fire or flame.
"Blue" was the name of one of the most RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE canines to ever exist in the United States.
Blue was the first choice of Betsy Ross as the ONLY color of the American flag. Red and White were added later only to please those on the early episodes of HGTV.
The term, "I'm feeling blue" was derived from the dissatisfaction of young children when the Crayola Crayon company decided that one color wasn't enough and chose to add another 63. The company's stock plunged and for several weeks the company was in threat of folding.
Some of the World's greatest musicians and songs are of the BLUES genre. It wasn't called "REDS" or "GREENS" for a reason. It just didn't make sense.
The sky is BLUE, the ocean is BLUE and Frank Sinatra's eyes were BLUE.
The King of Rock and Roll didn't wear RED suede shoes. He sung of the traits, characteristics and benefits of BLUE suede shoes.
I hope these FACTS help guide you in making the right choice.

Sincerely,

-Gup
I understand completely now oh wise one. I must order a blue or else:icon_bugeyed:shock:

NorthwestBBQ
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I understand completely now oh wise one. I must order a blue or else:icon_bugeyed:shock:

Yes you must, you must...:twisted:

Ron_L
09-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Just leave me one stealth black model since I won't be able to order until Monday :-D

nmayeux
09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Blue Thermapens are for sissies...

Desert Dweller
09-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Norco is adrift, someone toss him a life preserver...

aquablue22
09-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Just make sure when you order one it's the color of MONEY, cause we all know how FAST that slips through your fingers!!!!!