PDA

View Full Version : The New Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker.

kwantz
08-02-2009, 10:58 AM
www.pelletcooker.com
it can cook 175 degrees all the way up to 800 so they claim. Steep price though 1900 bucks

what do you guys think of it, or is it to new to say?

I know its Made in Canada. so thats definatly a bonus!

Buster Dog BBQ
08-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I've heard a few comp teams who tested it out really liked it. You can do direct/indirect and crank them temp real fast.

Jorge
08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
HoDeDo cooked on a prototype for quite a while and liked it from what I remember him saying. I've looked at a unit, and really liked what I saw.

I don't know Eddy, but what I know of him from people that do leads me to believe that he wouldn't put something on the market that didn't work well.

gpalasz
08-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree...if his name is on it..Im sure it is a quality unit. Many people will pay that kind of $ for a quality smoker..I think its a fair price compared to other smokers being made today.

kcbbq13
08-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I've had one since the 1st of june and this thing is a cooking machine. The temp only gets up to 600 which is plenty hot to sear a good steak. The insulated hood holds temp great and uses way less fuel for any cook(high or low). I would say it's a great investment.

Ron_L
08-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I have no doubt that is is well made and cooks well, but I can't justify $1900! That seems at least $500 too high for me.

Sledneck
08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Small cooking space for that amount of $

bbq lover
08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
same here what sled said very small cook area

Jacked UP BBQ
08-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I would love to have that in my backyard.

kwantz
08-02-2009, 02:01 PM
is pelletcooker.com the only place you can get it? im just scared to see what the shipping cost is going to be? it definatly looks like a solid unit, I only have me and my wife here and 2 small children, so its definatly big enough.

I have a weber kettle as well, so if my friends decide to come over there is room.

HoDeDo
08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
HoDeDo cooked on a prototype for quite a while and liked it from what I remember him saying. I've looked at a unit, and really liked what I saw. I don't know Eddy, but what I know of him from people that do leads me to believe that he wouldn't put something on the market that didn't work well.

I do have several posts in thread here earlier when someone asked about this cooker.... it is very versatile. It is a MEAN chicken machine, no flipping required for gorgeous mahogany skin,

The sear station on the one I used got up to 760 degrees -- but the key is, that you have to keep the thermostat from getting to temp - so keep it cranked. If you only take it to say - 350, you will get a good sear going for a little bit, but the fire will slow down as it hits temp; so you have to push the temp on up to keep the sear station on high boil.

same here what sled said very small cook area

the upper rack works great for cooking indirect as well... briskets down below, ribs and chicken up top... plenty of room.

It is smaller than some other cookers for the money, but I think it makes up for that in versatility and ease of use...
It is very fuel efficient - Since it is double walled, it uses much fewer pellets than a traditional pellet grill like a traeger. It isnt as efficient as an FEC-100, but I think it uses 60% the pellets of country smoker running wide open.

millsy
08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Looks like a great cooker

Big Poppa
08-03-2009, 01:00 AM
I have one and an disappointed with it. I am not happy with the fit and finish. The cooking area in relation to the size of the beast just isnt big enough. I have a problem with the hood binding on the pellet door when it gets about 375....I have contacted Dansons and an still waiting for help.

I talked to another Fast Eddie Grill owner at the Vista comp...he left his at home and is having the same issue with the hood.

I hope they figure it out.