PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Heat Pepper Jelly

Ashmont
07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
A friend a now team member wanted ti give me this jelly he makes in return for all the education that I supposedly have given him. (Brethren mod) He doesn't have a computer available to him most of the time so I don't think he will join here but I thought it was nice gesture.... All the same. He said I could post this out here if I like..... This stuff is great...

Ingredients: Serrano peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Anaheim Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Lime zest, Sugar, Vinegar, Pectin, Lemon Juice....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Ashmont_/MVC-001F.jpg

GreasePig
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Crackers and a lil' cream cheese and I'd be good with that!

Kettledog
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
We had a Pear Pepper Jelly in our Made In Napa Valley line, it made a great glaze, especially on chicken that had been marinated in something heavily acidic. But the best one ever was a Pomegranate version we made for a client. Nice and hot with the tartness of the Pomegranate cuting right through.

chambersuac
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I bet that'd make a great glaze for MOINK Balls!

motley que
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Love making pepper jelly. My habenero peach came out to mild but will do it again

Made blueberry pomegranite jalepeno with juice i bought at trader joes and it rocked

Ron_L
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Go out and cook a fattie and make some biscuits. Then take a slice of fatty, put it on a biscuit and slather on some of the pepper jelly!

landarc
07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I like melted brie with pepper jelly on crackers. Not BBQ, but, tasty. And yes, I am from CA.

Phubar
07-29-2009, 06:12 AM
We had a Pear Pepper Jelly in our Made In Napa Valley line, it made a great glaze, especially on chicken that had been marinated in something heavily acidic. But the best one ever was a Pomegranate version we made for a client. Nice and hot with the tartness of the Pomegranate cuting right through.

Kettledog,do you have a recipe for the Pear Pepper Jelly?
If so,will you share it?
I've got a pear tree sitting in the garden.

motley que
07-29-2009, 08:49 AM
For pear jelly go to kraft website and search. Then when you have the juice blend it with 4 hot peppers of your choice. Let it sit for 2 minutes and strain. The juice will now have heat. Just blend for a few seconds. Too long and the peppers will really incorpoate into the juice and all you will taste is heat with no fruit flavor. You want a nice ballence without being overpowered

Phubar
07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanx Motley!

motley que
07-29-2009, 12:05 PM
no sweat, realize that even though the juice will be hot, the sugar used in the jelly will tame it

Phubar
07-29-2009, 12:25 PM
No problem,I've got Suriname blood,we're used to sweet 'n hot stuff.
The previous pic of the pears were from last year.
The pic below is from a couple hours ago.
If the pears are ripe and I made the Sweet Heat Pear Pepper Jelly I'll let you know.