PDA

View Full Version : Brisket temp please...

AFLCAPT
07-11-2009, 04:59 PM
What internal temp am I goin' for? Thanks.

BurntFinger_Jason
07-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Each brisket is different, so it's best to go by feel. If you can easily slide a temperature probe or butter knife through the meat, then you're done. Normally that happens in the area of 195-200.

BBQ Grail
07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Each brisket is different, so it's best to go by feel. If you can easily slide a temperature probe or butter knife through the meat, then you're done. Normally that happens in the area of 195-200.

Winner, winner Brisket dinner!

AFLCAPT
07-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks, I'm stuck @180 for 40 min now...any suggestions?

BurntFinger_Jason
07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Just keep your temps steady and she'll break out of it.

gotwood
07-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Hang in there.........it will start rising in an hour or so....

BBQ Grail
07-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks, I'm stuck @180 for 40 min now...any suggestions?

Patience grasshopper!

Poker Smoker
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Its like how you handle a woman ... you keep doing everything you are supposed to do and she will be respond when the time is right.

barbefunkoramaque
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I am proud of y'all for not giving this guy a temp.

barbefunkoramaque
07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Its like how you handle a woman ... you keep doing everything you are supposed to do and she will be respond when the time is right.

Or she will be ready when your probe goes in like butter?

I like this comment. LOL

BBQ Grail
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Remember, it's Q Talk!

ZILLA
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
212.36* - 213.27* but you will need an orange thermapen to read this exact temp so If you don't have on then go by feel.

Meat Burner
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Zilla...go to your room.:biggrin:

Poker Smoker
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM

I like this comment. LOL

LMAO ... Touché

bbqbull
07-11-2009, 06:19 PM

I like this comment. LOL

I agree with barbefunkomaster dude!

mbshop
07-11-2009, 06:23 PM
also depends on what ya want. when its really soft its almost at or is shredable. i like a bit of chew so i go for a temp close to 195-198.

barbefunkoramaque
07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Damn Zilla! LOL you had to go there.... LOL

Okay... so... I have two identicle chunks of meat...in size.... both leftys... both packers... what about the ones done at 175 IT? LOL

I only use a probe for one reason... all throughout 2003 through maybe 2005 I used it to show its irrelevance to brisket.

It is nice to have when you are cutting the time close but after the stall its worthless.

the phelthora of new brethren that come in here and ask why their brisket is tough and give all sorts of IT taken at all sorts of time is evidence of that.

No offense meant.... just there is a pattern

barbefunkoramaque
07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
LMAO ... Touché

Or in the Touche.

AFLCAPT
07-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I am proud of y'all for not giving this guy a temp.
Thanks alot for your help, you truly are a real humanitarian...
hu·man·i·tar·i·an
Function:noun Date:1844....a person promoting human welfare and social reform....
I'm sure your old enough to know the old saying...If you have nothing nice to say....
This happened to be my first brisket, & no thanks to you it came out perfect! I thought this was a site for people to learn & I'm sure, no I'm positive, that as great as you may be, you too walked before you ran. Please do all of us "newbies" a favor & keep your uninformative comments to yourself. As for the rest of the actual help from the others..THANKS!!

Porchpup
07-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks alot for your help, you truly are a real humanitarian...
hu·man·i·tar·i·an
Function:noun Date:1844....a person promoting human welfare and social reform....
I'm sure your old enough to know the old saying...If you have nothing nice to say....
This happened to be my first brisket, & no thanks to you it came out perfect! I thought this was a site for people to learn & I'm sure, no I'm positive, that as great as you may be, you too walked before you ran. Please do all of us "newbies" a favor & keep your uninformative comments to yourself. As for the rest of the actual help from the others..THANKS!!
I think you missed the point. The point is "there is no correct temperature".
That is exactly what everybody was trying to say.
I don't think he was trying to be rube or belittle you.

AFLCAPT
07-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Damn Zilla! LOL you had to go there.... LOL

Okay... so... I have two identicle chunks of meat...in size.... both leftys... both packers... what about the ones done at 175 IT? LOL

I only use a probe for one reason... all throughout 2003 through maybe 2005 I used it to show its irrelevance to brisket.

It is nice to have when you are cutting the time close but after the stall its worthless.

the phelthora of new brethren that come in here and ask why their brisket is tough and give all sorts of IT taken at all sorts of time is evidence of that.

No offense meant.... just there is a pattern

I think you missed the point. The point is "there is no correct temperature".
That is exactly what everybody was trying to say.
I don't think he was trying to be rube or belittle you.

Thanks porchpup, if your right then I apologize. It was that first post & the one quoted above that gave me that impression.

Saiko
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Please do all of us "newbies" a favor & keep your uninformative comments to yourself. As for the rest of the actual help from the others..THANKS!!

As porchpup said, you are talking popdaddy's comment the wrong way. Most of the brisket veterans here feel it is a big mistake to go by temperature with a brisket, that it is "done when it is done". Which as others had already said is when a probe slides in easily to the thickest part of the flat. Popdaddy was just thanking the posters that they weren't misguiding you by giving you specific temps.
Personally, I start checking for "doneness" at around 185 degrees internal, but it is usually done around 190 to 205. All briskets aren't the same and will be done at different temps.

AFLCAPT
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
As porchpup said, you are talking popdaddy's comment the wrong way. Most of the brisket veterans here feel it is a big mistake to go by temperature with a brisket, that it is "done when it is done". Which as others had already said is when a probe slides in easily to the thickest part of the flat. Popdaddy was just thanking the posters that they weren't misguiding you by giving you specific temps.
Personally, I start checking for "doneness" at around 185 degrees internal, but it is usually done around 190 to 205. All briskets aren't the same and will be done at different temps.
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm not a brisket veteran. My bad for misunderstanding. Thanks for explaning.