PDA

View Full Version : drunk chicken

akarpf
06-20-2009, 10:20 PM
going to try to cook a drunk chicken tomorrow......any advice?? im going to use a budweiser. never cooked one before and i'm worried about juiciness, how long to cook it and at what temp should i cook it. i'm going to cook it in my chargrill outlaw offset.

Dr_KY
06-21-2009, 04:15 AM
You will love the results unless you like your chicken dry. I would also get rid of the Budweiser and use something nice. I perfer pear or apple cider myself.

Let it ride!!!!!!!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/k49ksp.jpg

CaptainJimmy
06-21-2009, 06:11 AM
going to try to cook a drunk chicken tomorrow......any advice?? im going to use a budweiser. never cooked one before and i'm worried about juiciness, how long to cook it and at what temp should i cook it. i'm going to cook it in my chargrill outlaw offset.

ive used expensive beers and i've used cheap beers. I use the beers I don't like to drink in the things i'm cooking.

I have some leftover natty light that i've been cooking chickens & crabs on for years. It's almost gone.

I save the yuengling for sippin!

mranum
06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I do them on my 18" Weber, indirect over a water pan and running about 325* usually around 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours for a 5lb bird. If I get much hotter the skin tends to get burned a bit too much and less temp it doesn't get crisp. On my small weber I have to rotate the bird from time to time. I baste the outside a couple times with evoo too, gives a nice golden color.

I personally haven't seen much difference between beer or soda or water for flavor, but its the only way to do them as far as I am concerned. Super easy and tastes great every time.

SamSmoker
06-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I usually drink 1/3-1/2 of the beer first and then drop some spices in. Sometimes I mess up and drink the whole beer and have to start over. I hate it when that happens.

igolf2
06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I use a six pack of Great Lakes Dortmunder beer - chicken comes moist and perfect (just as I'm finishing #6)