PDA

View Full Version : New article NY targeting Canadian geese... Hmm can you say bbq?

Ashmont
06-15-2009, 08:31 AM
NY through several park are going to euthanize 2000 out of 25000 Canadian geese to help curb the growing population. I say send a few Brethren up there with pits and lets have a party!!!!!

westernhunter
06-15-2009, 09:49 AM
They should open the parks to waterfowl hunters for a controlled hunt to take care of the problem. Either way, PETA is gonna jump all over it.

Oh! I know! They should capture them, clip their wings, and then put them in the yards of the PETA members so they can see first hand the amount of goose poop they produce.

Then after the PETA guys get fed up and kill them, we can grill the geese up for them! We will turn those PETA pukes into carnivores yet.

millsy
06-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Come up and get as many as you want.Start at my golf course.

CaptainJimmy
06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
i've heard canadian goose is pretty horrible.

anyone eaten it before?

Sledneck
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
i've heard canadian goose is pretty horrible.

anyone eaten it before?
I know somebody that has eaten it, Said it was good

bman
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I have had it on several occasions, never cooked it though......Like everything else, it is all in how it is cooked....

bbqbull
06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
My buddys tell me they only eat the goose breasts.
They cook the breasts in a crock pot for 8 hours with spices and onions and they are very tender and taste like beef.
Ive never harvested a goose so I just reporting what ive been told.

westernhunter
06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I eat it quite often. Most is made into jerky and sausage, but a good amount is marinated and grilled. Good stuff if you make it correctly.

Goose
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
The birds on long Island can vary from pretty tasty to very fishy based on what they have been foraging on.The birds from the agricultural areas in upstate NY can be real nice and I have grilled them with a jerk rub with some good results. Many get made into a spicy chile in my house.

At the end of the day they will never replace a rib-eye steak.:roll:

CaptainJimmy
06-16-2009, 05:27 AM
New Jersey had an unlimited kill season on snow geese and canadians this year to reduce the population. me and my brother never got around to going and shooting at one of those horrendous bastards. Oh well.

jaronimo
06-16-2009, 06:13 AM
I do not think I would eat them. They eat grass from golf courses all day long. The same grass that they say you should not place your cigar on when you are golfing because the pesticides and fertilizers will soak into the cigar.

Can their meat be safe on that diet?

smokedgoose
06-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Have also eaten my share of goose! Plus two for grilling wrapped in bacon, made sausage, burgers, and jerky. The best way to describe it would be like dark chicken maybe neck meat. None the less it is organic free range meet the health nuts around ohio go nuts for wild goose. I just like to shoot them and eat them!

Arthur D
06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Geese are horrible.

I've tried cooking them every way possible. I kill tons every year. They taste like dirt. No, dirt taste better.

CaptainJimmy
06-16-2009, 02:48 PM
geese are horrible.

I've tried cooking them every way possible. I kill tons every year. They taste like dirt. No, dirt taste better.

lol!!!

jswordy
06-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Geese are horrible.

It's because you are killing CANADIAN geese, undocumented aliens who are invading our country to try to take away the dinner plate from our USA-grown CANADA geese! :-P

Recipes... :mrgreen:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zgoos.html