PDA

View Full Version : Brisket point on a Weber kettle

chemo-sabe
06-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I was looking for advice on how to prepare a 6 lb. brisket on my Weber kettle. I have a rub, what about foil? Do I do it, or not? Do you put sauce on a brisket? Sounds odd to me, but I am not sure, I'm used to brisket Jewish style in the oven, so this is the first attempt. Appreciate your input again.

Tom:shock:

mbshop
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
a lot of differant ways to do it. i keep it simple with salt and pepper and maybe some powdered garlic. cook indirect at around 300 deg. cook until around 195 internal or until a toothpick goes in easily. i don't foil.

ZILLA
06-05-2009, 06:07 PM
That should be an easy cook. What happened to the flat?

Bacon
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
That should be an easy cook. What happened to the flat?

:lol::lol::lol:

BFoster
06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I was looking for advice on how to prepare a 6 lb. brisket on my Weber kettle. I have a rub, what about foil? Do I do it, or not? Do you put sauce on a brisket? Sounds odd to me, but I am not sure, I'm used to brisket Jewish style in the oven, so this is the first attempt. Appreciate your input again.

Tom:shock:

Not sure if you're doing a flat or point. I guess I'd do either the same way. Put a aluminum pan in the middle of the grate at the bottom of the grill, fill it with a liquid of your choice, surround it with a mixture of charcoal and wood.

Make sure the coals are lit, place the seasoned brisket on the top grate in the middle of the aluminum pan(filled with liquid)...and wait for texture or temp depending on how you roll. ;-) ymmv....etc, etc.

No sauce...unless it's a nice Carolina type red one as a side (My personal opinion)

chemo-sabe
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I was not able to control the temp and it came out dry; however, we cut it up into tiny pieces, added some Hawaiian bar-b-q sauce in a bowl and it tasted fine the next day and the day after. I'll try again, this time with a smoker.

cardiac_cadet002
06-17-2009, 06:23 PM
why were you not able to control the temps in your kettle? The Weber is known for very good temp control.

Mad Max
06-17-2009, 07:05 PM
why were you not able to control the temps in your kettle? The Weber is known for very good temp control.

Same Question???

mbshop
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
yep, i've had no problem with the temp and dry is not the kettles fault.

cardiac_cadet002
06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Chemo-sabe: Next time try banking a bunch of unlit coals on one side of the kettle, place about 10-15 lit coals on top of them. Your top vent shoud be 3//4 open and your bottom daisy should be open maybe 10%. Doing this I can maintain 230-240 in my kettle steady.