PDA

View Full Version : Are you a grill master? CNN is looking for you!

Ashmont
06-05-2009, 08:27 AM
http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=267002

This is a CNN throwdown waiting to happen.

Smokey Al Gold
06-05-2009, 08:57 AM
LOL I love it we could blow these people out of the water. I was also watching the food network the other night and they had a Best Burger in America competition for 50,000. And they cooked them on a gasser and some of them looked horrible. Burgers were even falling apart on the grill. I just wish one of us could have been in that competition and showed them how to really cook an American burger. I think some Hawaiian kind of burger won the best burger in America competition. WTF?

Stoke&Smoke
06-05-2009, 09:21 AM
You can enter at sutterhome.com, entries being taken until sometime in July!

bocephus
06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
LOL I love it we could blow these people out of the water. I was also watching the food network the other night and they had a Best Burger in America competition for 50,000. And they cooked them on a gasser and some of them looked horrible. Burgers were even falling apart on the grill. I just wish one of us could have been in that competition and showed them how to really cook an American burger. I think some Hawaiian kind of burger won the best burger in America competition. WTF?

You do know hawaii is part of America right??? :grin:

Smokey Al Gold
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I never said it wasn't but to me a Hawaiian burger doesn't scream the best burger in America and be worth 50k. But yes I am aware that Hawaii is part of the US though I can't afford to go there to see it for myself.

Ashmont
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I never said it wasn't but to me a Hawaiian burger doesn't scream the best burger in America and be worth 50k. But yes I am aware that Hawaii is part of the US though I can't afford to go there to see it for myself.

I nominate Ricks Tropical Delight as a representative for us!!!!! All in flavor (hehehe) Say I...... :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

StrikeEagle
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
WTF? You are EXEMPT from entering if you reside in California?!?!??!

What are they afraid of?

SmokeInDaEye
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
No worries. The brethren are very well represented on CNN! Almost 1/4 million page views to date...I'm working on that Sutter thing too. :)

http://www.ireport.com/people/SmokeInDaEye

Kevin
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
No worries. The brethren are very well represented on CNN! Almost 1/4 million page views to date...I'm working on that Sutter thing too. :)

http://www.ireport.com/people/SmokeInDaEye

I've been out of the loop for a bit, but I just knew you would be in on this. I wish you the best of luck. You've certainly worked hard at it.

SmokeInDaEye
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I've been out of the loop for a bit, but I just knew you would be in on this. I wish you the best of luck. You've certainly worked hard at it.

LOL! I'm like a bbq and grilling superhero. Where it's being done wrong or being misrepresented, I jump in to try to save the day!

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I nominate Ricks Tropical Delight as a representative for us!!!!! All in flavor (hehehe) Say I...... :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

are you kidding? i will have nothing to do with those idiots on ireport! :biggrin:

appliancedude
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Maybe if FOX was doing it:biggrin:

SmokeInDaEye
06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
are you kidding? i will have nothing to do with those idiots on ireport! :biggrin:

Sorry to offend you, Rick. We ireport folks will tread lightly around you.

What exactly makes me an idiot, for the record? I was one of the first people to realize what citizen journalism can be and continue to find ways to grow the love of grilling and bbq through social media. Feel free to send me your thoughts.

PS If you haven't noticed, I am PISSED. I'm not sure who you think you are.

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Sorry to offend you, Rick. We ireport folks will tread lightly around you.

What exactly makes me an idiot, for the record? I was one of the first people to realize what citizen journalism can be and continue to find ways to grow the love of grilling and bbq through social media. Feel free to send me your thoughts.

i was not referring to you. i was referring to people that post their "news" stories and silly opinions on ireport. you have misunderstood. sorry for not being clear. i didn't say every person on ireport was an idiot. i'm sure there are some very nice people on ireport along with some that are not so nice. my post was not about you.

Norcoredneck
06-06-2009, 02:14 AM

Look out the Spice Fairy has his Dander Up!

SmokeInDaEye
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Look out the Spice Fairy has his Dander Up!

Nah, I haven't worn my dander up since the prom, circa 1988. No worries, Rick. It just pisses me off when I work so hard to try to get mainstream media to recognize the amazing stuff you, me and countless others churn out on grills and smokers versus burgers and dogs then the beetching continues.

For the record, I was the first person IN THE WORLD to use ireport to talk about food, when they were still in beta mode this time last year. Since then I have had stuff on CNN over a dozen times, often with a brethren banner in the videos.

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-06-2009, 09:54 AM
i wasn't referring to anyone submitting ireports on food either. have you ever read some of the political reports and the replies before? i'm sure you have at least read one reply to a report that made you say "idiot!"

if you haven't, then i guess i'm the idiot.

anyway, i won't be submitting anything on ireport.

JD McGee
06-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Just for grins and giggles I googled "ireports" to see what they are all about. This statement was my first clue...

iReport.com is a user-generated site. That means the stories submitted by users are not edited, fact-checked or screened before they post. ...

Smoke...you are doin' a good thing on there brother...:-P

Rick...you are absolutely right...:-P

Summary...there are the good, the bad, and the ugly all over that site. A whole bunch of different folks with a whole bunch of different opinions that are totally out of control! :lol::lol::lol: Ain't America great! :cool:

SmokeInDaEye
06-06-2009, 10:25 AM
i wasn't referring to anyone submitting ireports on food either. have you ever read some of the political reports and the replies before? i'm sure you have at least read one reply to a report that made you say "idiot!"

if you haven't, then i guess i'm the idiot.

anyway, i won't be submitting anything on ireport.

No offense, brother. It just rubbed me the wrong way as I was getting ready to do my first live cooking demo ever. I get your point and agree that there's a lot of cr#p on there. Now I have to go cook! Wish me luck!

Rick's Tropical Delight
06-06-2009, 10:33 AM
good luck, man!

i have to tell you i woke up at 3 am on the couch and read your responses before i dragged myself upstairs to the bedroom. i had nightmares all night about poopah chasing me in a fred flintsone outfit swinging a club and yelling, "don't call my peeps idiots!"

a mind is a wonderful thing to taste :biggrin: