PDA

View Full Version : The Bengal Things first smoke.....

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Ok, so I got my drum back a few days ago. THANKS STAY DOWN for welding the nipples in place. You da man.

SO, I slapped some crisco on her tonight and fired her up. I did this pretty quickly as the weekend was starting to fill up quickly. I grabbed a cheap remote thermo from Wal-Mart (seems like it will at least be decent enough to get me n the ballpark...especially for the test run tonight and first ACTUAL smoke on Sunday or Monday)

First set of pics here: More to follow as I update with the progress.

Crisco all over the place.......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun001.jpg

Wait, how did that picture of the Porterhouse get in there. The grill was RIGHT next to the drum and the Porterhouse was just calling my name from the kitchen....... (a guy can multi task, can't he.... hehe)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun002.jpg

CLOSE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun003.jpg

UDS and Kingsford 22.5 The twin towers

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun004.jpg

Coals

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun005.jpg

Coals and starters.....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun006.jpg

Coals, starters, and hickory chunks

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun007.jpg

Potato and remote thermo

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-22-2009UDStestrun008.jpg

dbeast420
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice looking drum. . How long did it take to cook the potato??

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice looking drum. . How long did it take to cook the potato??

hahahaha

It's still going...... it's the test run silly! haha

Holding steady at 217 right now (2 nipples capped and valve OPEN all the way)

StayDown
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
looks good so far. I feel like I have been coaching ya all day.

Glad to help with the welding.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out and the fatties you are cooking this weekend.

Anyone have a basic idea how long it takes to get up to temp normally?

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 09:23 PM
looks good so far. I feel like I have been coaching ya all day.

Glad to help with the welding.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out and the fatties you are cooking this weekend.

hahaha..... yeah I like to ask a LOT of questions along the way. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! hahaha

It almost looks like I know what I am doing though.... doesn't it?

StayDown
05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
yes it does look like you know what you are doing..and I sound like I know what I am doing even though I have never smoked anything...just read every thread I can on here.

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
yes it does look like you know what you are doing..and I sound like I know what I am doing even though I have never smoked anything...just read every thread I can on here.

She is up to about 240..... Valve still wide open

I am going to let her go for a bit to good good and hott (help with the seasoning....???), I dunno.

Then I will bring her back down and play with the temp control

ytsejam
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
nice!

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
She's at 254 now...... seems to have tailored off a bit.

I may need to run her at full blast.

I assume since I got the cheap thermo that it is likely more like 235-240.

I also don't have any "fancy" exhaust right now. I just have the bung out.

The Bengal Thing
05-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, now she just dipped down to 234

That's kind of odd

***EDIT***

11:40 = 232

12:01 = 233 , I decided to take a peak and I noticed the back part of the probe was touching the grate, so I grabbed another potato to help make it parallel to the grate without touching. I also noticed a decent amount of smoke coming out from around the lid. I put the "locking ring" on and hand tightened the bolt/nut. I came back in and she is at 237. ha

12:20 = ROCK STEADY at 237/238

12:21-12:30 - just about everywhere between 231 and 237

12:40 = 225 , I am thinking it may be the lid. I might have to figure out how to get it a touch tighter to maintain the temp.

12:50 = 221

1:00 = 218 That's all for tonight.... going to bed.

The Bengal Thing
05-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I shut her down just before I went to sleep. I just wasn't comfortable having her run all night..... not yet anyway.

I put the bung back in and closed the valve... all seems well this AM.

Today I will be making a fattie. I convinced my wife she should make one too. It should be a good time

Saiko
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Good looking UDS! I still have to get around to making me one of those. Be sure to post your results.

igolf2
05-23-2009, 09:03 AM
You win the baked potato throwdown! IMHO

The Bengal Thing
05-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Good looking UDS! I still have to get around to making me one of those. Be sure to post your results.

I will indeed post results..... I am hoping for BIG things. Actually i just want it to be good enough to keep me motivated and to show my wide it is worth it! ha

You win the baked potato throwdown! IMHO

ha, it is a fine looking potata

fivelombardis
05-23-2009, 09:36 AM
not bad...3-4 hours at smoking temperature without adding any more fuel; and i'm sure it would've gone longer had you let it.

The Bengal Thing
05-23-2009, 09:57 AM
not bad...3-4 hours at smoking temperature without adding any more fuel; and i'm sure it would've gone longer had you let it.

I was hoping the temp would "lock in" a little more....

I took a peak inside this morning and it looks like the coals only burned in the middle. The outer coals didn't catch, and a couple chunks didn't either. Should I spread out my starter coals a bit more?

I am gonna do another quick burn of the rest of the coals this morning and see what I can see before the real deal on Sunday or Monday!

***EDIT***

Holdy steady at 250 for the past 30-40 minutes

Held there for about an hour.

I closed the valve a touch and the temp is dropping like a rock. It's down to 199 now.

Norcoredneck
05-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Ok another that skipped the whole UDS thread. A UDS is a efficient smoker. The center burninng out is what people refer to a minion method. It is very desirable. If you get the whole top layer going you will have an inferno. To get steady temps you need a more controlled exhaust. a 2 inch open bung with no stack is affected by even the slightest breeze. If you have a full basket it will run for 10-12 hours easy. Light it, get it semi dialed in, add meat, close up, leave for 30 min, make small adjustments. Leave 20-30 minutes between adjustments. No peeking. A slight drop after 4 hours is normal. Kick, rattle drum to knock ash loose and let set before adjustment.

Bbq Bubba
05-23-2009, 02:38 PM

About 15 minutes.
Open all 3 intakes and start closing off as you near your target temp (238)

Ya, like about 12 hours.

Ok another that skipped the whole UDS thread. A UDS is a efficient smoker. The center burninng out is what people refer to a minion method. It is very desirable. If you get the whole top layer going you will have an inferno. To get steady temps you need a more controlled exhaust. a 2 inch open bung with no stack is affected by even the slightest breeze. If you have a full basket it will run for 10-12 hours easy. Light it, get it semi dialed in, add meat, close up, leave for 30 min, make small adjustments. Leave 20-30 minutes between adjustments. No peeking. A slight drop after 4 hours is normal. Kick, rattle drum to knock ash loose and let set before adjustment.

You been reading my tutorial threads. :roll: :cool:

Norcoredneck
05-23-2009, 02:52 PM
You been reading my tutorial threads. :roll: :cool:
I tried reading your malarchy and ended up none the Weiser.

The Bengal Thing
05-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok another that skipped the whole UDS thread.

Well, if by skipped you mean didn't read the entire 200+ pages, then yes.

Not sure it is quite fair to suggest anyone read that monstrosity in it's entirety, and I actually did mention my exhaust and the lack of one as being part of my problem

I have heard the minion method MANY times, but never really heard it explained. I guess I had a desirable burn then

BobBrisket
05-24-2009, 12:31 AM
hahaha..... yeah I like to ask a LOT of questions along the way. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! hahaha

It almost looks like I know what I am doing though.... doesn't it?

Well, if by skipped you mean didn't read the entire 200+ pages, then yes.

Not sure it is quite fair to suggest anyone read that monstrosity in it's entirety, and I actually did mention my exhaust and the lack of one as being part of my problem

I have heard the minion method MANY times, but never really heard it explained. I guess I had a desirable burn then
There is A LOT of knowledge in those 200+ pages. You had a good hot burn for breaking it in and seasoning the drum, but that drum will do SO much more if you really get it dialed in and work in the Minion Method. 12 hour burns are not uncommon, matter of fact they are the norm with a dialed in drum.

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 08:11 AM
There is A LOT of knowledge in those 200+ pages. You had a good hot burn for breaking it in and seasoning the drum, but that drum will do SO much more if you really get it dialed in and work in the Minion Method. 12 hour burns are not uncommon, matter of fact they are the norm with a dialed in drum.

indeed

just a little difficult to sift through it all. Especially when looking for something specific

timmy7649
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
i did not read all of it and mine cooks and is easy to controll. i dont even have the fancy ball valve just some holes with magnets to adjust with. and there is no drop in temp after 4 hrs not untill i shut it down. but i'm a doer not a reader. best way for the coals load up your basket and make a divit in the center of charcoal and put your hot coals in the divit. the worst enemy in my u.d.s. is me cant seem to leave the thing alone, over night cooks are wonderfull. he he. get to know your drum that is the most importaint thing.

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 09:15 AM
i did not read all of it and mine cooks and is easy to controll. i dont even have the fancy ball valve just some holes with magnets to adjust with. and there is no drop in temp after 4 hrs not untill i shut it down. but i'm a doer not a reader. best way for the coals load up your basket and make a divit in the center of charcoal and put your hot coals in the divit. the worst enemy in my u.d.s. is me cant seem to leave the thing alone, over night cooks are wonderfull. he he. get to know your drum that is the most importaint thing.

Yep, that is what I am trying to do... get to know her.

I am pretty new to all this "cooking" in general so I don't know much about temps or any of that. I see it drop 5 degrees and think something is wrong. haha

I am learning though

timmy7649
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
sorry guys if i went off just tired of people getting pissy when they here that you dont read the whole thread. it does not mean that we have not read parts of it. bengal thing sorry about high jacking your post, i'm new at this also about 3 months into it and i'm addicted. he he. i learned alot from big mista, he has a video out google how to cook on a uds here is the link http://blip.tv/file/502634 this is what got me going on the uds. (thanks big mista). good luck

BobBrisket
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
It is a lot of reading, but if you can do it over time, it is well worth it. Once you get the drums dialed in, you will be amazed at what they can do and the difference in overall flavor in the meat. Thanks to a certain someone, I'm now in the hunt for a mini drum.

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 09:33 AM
sorry guys if i went off just tired of people getting pissy when they here that you dont read the whole thread. it does not mean that we have not read parts of it. bengal thing sorry about high jacking your post, i'm new at this also about 3 months into it and i'm addicted. he he. i learned alot from big mista, he has a video out google how to cook on a uds here is the link http://blip.tv/file/502634 this is what got me going on the uds. (thanks big mista). good luck

No worries here..... my threads are a free for all usually. I mainly made this thread to document my 1st time. I asked a few questions and if they got answered cool..... if not, I would figure it out.

GREAT LINK.... I want to cook a brisket after my fatties

It is a lot of reading, but if you can do it over time, it is well worth it. Once you get the drums dialed in, you will be amazed at what they can do and the difference in overall flavor in the meat. Thanks to a certain someone, I'm now in the hunt for a mini drum.

I learned a lot from the UDS thread, but everyone is at different levels. I know for me I am new to ALL this stuff. Cooking in general is something I have never really done, so a lot of the principals, jargon, and common knowledge is lost on me..... which makes it that much more difficult to comprehend such a massive thread.

I check the UDS thread every day I log on, so I can keep up with the new posts and chip away at the pages I have missed

timmy7649
05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
biggest thing to keep trying, dont get discouraged.

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 11:36 AM
The making of the fatties......

The ingredients...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties001.jpg

Mixin' Regular and Sage....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties003.jpg

My wife's flatten fattie...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties004.jpg

Wife's with some ingredients...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties005.jpg

Mine flattened...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties006.jpg

Wife's on the plate...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties007.jpg

Mine on the plate...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties008.jpg

The bacon weave...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties009.jpg

BBQ Bandit
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Two quotes came to mind...

"The force is strong in this one"

"You have chosen wisely"

Keep at it!!!

timmy7649
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
mmmmmm looks sooooo gooooooooooooood!!!

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Two quotes came to mind...

"The force is strong in this one"

"You have chosen wisely"

Keep at it!!!

Yeah, I surprised myself a little on this one. I learned a few things along the way for the next round of fatties.

mmmmmm looks sooooo gooooooooooooood!!!

Yeah, I just hope there isn't a major explosion or anything! ha

StayDown
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
i am very impressed with the bacon weave. I am not sure I can pull that one off

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 01:03 PM
i am very impressed with the bacon weave. I am not sure I can pull that one off

It's actually not hard at all!!!!! Once you get in a rhythm it is super easy

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-24-2009Fatties.jpg

BobBrisket
05-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Nice!!

The Bengal Thing
05-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Nice!!

hey thanks man....

All of the knowledge, advice, and help on here are amazing. I never would have thought I could make something as awesome as that and I have only "prepped" it so far.

haha

Smokin Mike
05-24-2009, 06:43 PM
man, i just looked at this to read more about UDS, looky here, a bacon fatty!

looks soooo good, I can't wait!

btw, I think that smokers do better as they get older on holding temps, I know it took my WSM a while, and my FEC a long time to get very stable on temps.

jocosa
05-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Looking good, enjoy the adventure (and the food) with your UDS... :)

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Both fatties have been pulled off at about 170 internal.... (the monster one about 40 minutes behind)

Sprayed with "flattened" ginger ale, and wrapped in foil.... and back on the grate

StayDown
05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
no pics means it didn't happen :wink:

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
no pics means it didn't happen :wink:

i only took one of them on the grate, then I will take one as I pull them off (in foil.... etc).

I am only gonna upload the pics all at once! haha

My wife;s EXPLODED BIG TIME (maybe why I have a slight temp control issue. She did more of a "roll" instead of folding everything in on itself. It was a disater.....

However mine held STRONG and the bacon weave looks AMAZING!!!!

It is VERY nice to drink beers, mow the grass, play with the dog, and do various other tasks while cooking..... especially if what I hear is true about the amazing taste as well.

So far so good with the process..... only minor adjustments and attention needed

StayDown
05-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I wonder why hers exploded??

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I wonder why hers exploded??

It's hard to "picture" without seeing it, but she rolled hers..... so, it was more like a "spiral" of sausage and her ingredients. instead of a more full enclosrure around it. I had her "pinch" all the sides and stuff, but I pretty much knew hers would explode. No biggee... just on the top, not much came out (but some on the coals... etc). Then with the foil it will keep it all together and will be fine. It might not look so great cut, but hopefully mine will make up for it! haha

Heck, if you look at the picture "CLOSE" you can see hers has a little leak from the start (we toweled up a bit of it). Some of her ingredients consisted of a homemade "salsa" that she didn't drain very well. Yes, I did tell her the "salsa" story I read on here that it needs to be drained well. ha

Hers is off the UDS and in the cooler/warmer with newspapers.... mine to follow in about 30 minutes

StayDown
05-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I have seen others roll theirs and it turns out looking amazing when sliced. I guess the thing to do is maybe try the roll without the salsa or something....any excuse to make more fatties!

StayDown
05-25-2009, 02:37 PM
BTW, how is the temp holding up on that baby?

How are you running it..2 closed and the valve open a third? One nipple wide open, one closed and the valve where...what seems to be working for ya

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I have seen others roll theirs and it turns out looking amazing when sliced. I guess the thing to do is maybe try the roll without the salsa or something....any excuse to make more fatties!

indeed....

Maybe too thin of a starting layer for a "roll" method?

Hopefully the taste will be enough for her to want to come back for more. It was fun making them with her

StayDown
05-25-2009, 02:45 PM
indeed....

Maybe too thin of a starting layer for a "roll" method?

Hopefully the taste will be enough for her to want to come back for more. It was fun making them with her

Well, if not there is always ABTs, Moink balls and all kinds of other things to try out on the UDS that she may enjoy.

I must say..I am feeling pretty proud of ya right now!!

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, if not there is always ABTs, Moink balls and all kinds of other things to try out on the UDS that she may enjoy.

I must say..I am feeling pretty proud of ya right now!!

Yeah, I think a brisket will be next (if I can find one... hahaa). So far there has not been any at our local Kroger of the Sams club we went to.

I have mentioned ABT's to her, so they may go on with the Brisket.... who knows.

thanks man.... I am pretty proud of me too... this is WAY out of my comfort zone, but I am learning. You have been AWESOME on helping out (and the other Brethren of course)

PS.... I went with "exhaust mod" (picture later) since you didn't get an answer to the galvanized pipe exhaust. haha

StayDown
05-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I was told that it is better to not chance it.

Now...how do you have the intakes working? Temp holding well? See blue smoke??

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I was told that it is better to not chance it.

Whoops, I kept my eye on the thread, but always saw your name as the last poster and assumed no one answered. Oh well.... it was the answer I thought anyway, so I didn't chance it

Now...how do you have the intakes working? Temp holding well? See blue smoke??

I have NEVER seen blue smoke (that I can tell)...... but it is hard to see much as it has been a touch windy both days and I just have the bung out so it disperses rather quickly, but it sure looks white to me! ha

I have had decent temps..... dropped a few times and I had to uncap a nipple or 2 at times (random odd drop maybe the explosion?, and when I took the lid off.....etc).

Valve is usually about 3/4 open, but adjusted occasionally to help steady the temp

StayDown
05-25-2009, 03:21 PM
If the temp drops try giving the drum a little shake to knock the ash down

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 03:25 PM
If the temp drops try giving the drum a little shake to knock the ash down

I did...

When we took them off to foil, I kicked the drum (didn't do much though)

I was afraid to do it with the meat on and "naked".... the ash tends to "fly around" and I figured it would get on the meat

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 03:32 PM
The wife's is cut, plated, and now almost GONE!!!!

The outside was a touch overdone, but that should be a simple adjustment to the 2-2-1 method (hers was pretty small). It didn't appear to be burnt on the outside before foiling. Is it possible it got burnt on the outside while in the foil?

StayDown
05-25-2009, 03:36 PM
out of my league here...sooo..how did it taste???

And I am dying to see the pics

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
out of my league here...sooo..how did it taste???

And I am dying to see the pics

She loved it for the most part (slightly burnt on the outside), and she is already thinking of what to do for the NEXT one = MORE CHEESE and ingredients. I think a good deal of her cheese was lost in the explosion. I took a little bite (one of the reasons we made seperate is that I don't like what she likes) and it was good. not amazing, but good. Def needs "more", and I am pretty sure with my 2 brats, cheese, and more cheese.... and the bacon weave..... mine will DEF be amazing.

I also need to check my thermo for accuracy and/or just get a better one. I needed one just to get me through this weekend. (Wal-Mart $16 thermo)

Mine is about ready to come out of the cooler. Once I slice 'er up and woof 'er down.... I will upload and show all the pics.

For a little teaser..... my wife's does have a very nice looking smoke ring! ;)

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Gotta start somewhere.... fatties on the grill.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties001.jpg

Part of the 2-2-1 method..... sprayed with ginger ale and foiled

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties002.jpg

Exhaust mod..... couldn't find anything but galvanized pipe, so this was the next best thing to help with wind and open bung

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties004.jpg

In the cooler/warmer

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties005.jpg

My wife's fattie sliced.... nice smoke ring, not too much left in it after the EXPLOSION... I think it lost most, if not all cheese

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties006.jpg

My fattie fresh out of the foil

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties007.jpg

No foil

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties008.jpg

First cut.... look at that OOZE!!!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties009.jpg

Little stagger slice like I have seen so many do....... haha

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/RascalMJ/5-25-2009FinishedFatties010.jpg

StayDown
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow...that looks delicious!!

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow...that looks delicious!!

not bad, eh?

LT72884
05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
It's hard to "picture" without seeing it, but she rolled hers..... so, it was more like a "spiral" of sausage and her ingredients. instead of a more full enclosrure around it. I had her "pinch" all the sides and stuff, but I pretty much knew hers would explode. No biggee... just on the top, not much came out (but some on the coals... etc). Then with the foil it will keep it all together and will be fine. It might not look so great cut, but hopefully mine will make up for it! haha

Heck, if you look at the picture "CLOSE" you can see hers has a little leak from the start (we toweled up a bit of it). Some of her ingredients consisted of a homemade "salsa" that she didn't drain very well. Yes, I did tell her the "salsa" story I read on here that it needs to be drained well. ha

Hers is off the UDS and in the cooler/warmer with newspapers.... mine to follow in about 30 minutes

i used a can of rotel tomatoes and chilies. i drained it like a mofo. Turned out great. Sucks hers exploded. hope she doesnt feel to bad

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
i used a can of rotel tomatoes and chilies. i drained it like a mofo. Turned out great. Sucks hers exploded. hope she doesnt feel to bad

No, no.... she is not that type of girl. We will give it another shot and adjust as necessary. We learned some valuable lessons.

Is there anything you can mix with the sausage itself.... IE for both of us it was a little too much sausage. Obviously you still need the "casing" so, I was wondering if you could "cut it" with something like "cutting" things in other recipes. In effect.... having the same amount overall but not quite so much sausage... maybe some sort of oats... etc. I may try Goetta on the next go 'round

LT72884
05-25-2009, 05:08 PM
No, no.... she is not that type of girl. We will give it another shot and adjust as necessary. We learned some valuable lessons.

Is there anything you can mix with the sausage itself.... IE for both of us it was a little too much sausage. Obviously you still need the "casing" so, I was wondering if you could "cut it" with something like "cutting" things in other recipes. In effect.... having the same amount overall but not quite so much sausage... maybe some sort of oats... etc. I may try Goetta on the next go 'round

you could try oats, bread, or even grated potato. if you do try it out, lets us know which one you tried. personally i like oats and potatos the best.

thats why i made two separate fattys each with there own 16oz jimmy dean roll. it was a lot of sausage, but yours gots lots cuz of them there smoked sausages stuffed inside of a sausage then wrapped in bacon.

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
you could try oats, bread, or even grated potato. if you do try it out, lets us know which one you tried. personally i like oats and potatos the best.

thats why i made two separate fattys each with there own 16oz jimmy dean roll. it was a lot of sausage, but yours gots lots cuz of them there smoked sausages stuffed inside of a sausage then wrapped in bacon.

I think I will try something like that with potatos,oats, or some type of bread... maybe cornbread (hhhmmmm)... etc

hahahaha

Yeah, I had a LOT of sausage in mine. I panicked a bit at the grocery store.

StayDown
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I know someone uses panko bread crumbs

The Bengal Thing
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I know someone uses panko bread crumbs

good thinkin'