PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Dinner

iceman78
04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Made a simple dinner on Sunday... just grilled some chicken and sauted some peppers... The wife asked to make it into a salad... which I kindly allowed! Well, that with a ice cold milk was a good thing!

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu31/iceman78/P1030559.jpg
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu31/iceman78/P1030564.jpg

HellGrill
04-22-2009, 01:43 AM
What a dinner! Sorry in advance but, since I need some more experience, I'd like to ask you some questions. Did you marinade or rub your chicken? How was the grill temperature? Indirect or direct grilling? How long did it take to cook?

iceman78
04-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Here is what I used... of course you can either make a rub of your choice, or you can purchase some, I am not an expert at "store bought ones" as I too am pretty new to smoking, even though I have been Q'ing for quite a few years.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless are my favorite

I made a dry rub by mixing the pepper, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into a bowl to blend. Place the chicken in a large zippered plastic bag. Pour in the dry rub and shake to coat the chicken well. You can either let sit for at least 30 minutes (at room temperature) or as long as 24 hours (in the refrigerator). I did not refrigerate these.

I used my Performer, rather than my smoker to save some time. Make sure the coals are in a pile to one side of your grill or smoker. If you have a charcoal chimney, it works best, this I learned on this site! After the coals have turned white, I placed about 2 cups of soaked and drained apple wood chips on the pile of coals. I set the chicken on the grate so they will cook by indirect heat -- in other words, not over the coals -- and "smoked" for 25 minutes. I turned the breasts over and smoked for another 20 to 25 minutes. I then put the breasts over the direct heat for a few minutes to crisp the chicken just a bit.

Brian in Maine
04-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Could I have a napkin, so I can wipe the drool off of my key board? Looks great.

bigabyte
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Nice!:cool:

Phesant
04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Sure looks good to me, great job

Big George's BBQ
04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Sure looks good to me, great job

Me too