PDA

View Full Version : What are the best wood pellets for a Traeger Lil' Tex?

E_Morgue
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi all.

I just bought a Traeger Lil' Tex at a great price from a store going out of business. I would appreciate any info on the wood pellets you use and why you think they are the best. Also, will any food grade wood pellets work with the Traeger Lil' Tex, or are there certain brands that work better than others?

Love the forum, and I look forward to any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Morgan

Sledneck
04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
How about traeger pellets?

River City Smokehouse
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
In your neck of the woods I couldn't say....maybe raeger is your best bet. Around here in Missouri we can use the OHP brand. It is oak with some hint of hickory.

E_Morgue
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
In your neck of the woods I couldn't say....maybe raeger is your best bet. Around here in Missouri we can use the OHP brand. It is oak with some hint of hickory.
Yes, I haven't been able to find any local stores that carry wood pellets, let alone wood pellet grills. I bought this grill from a Sportsman's Warehouse that's not exactly close to home, but it was worth the trip for the price I got it for. I did order a bag of Hickory and a bag of Mesquite from Traeger just to get started next week, but I figured this group would have some good suggestions for pellets I can try out.

Thanks for the reply!

Morgan

jbrink01
04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
BBQ'ers Delight

Timmy
04-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I use "BBQ'rs Delight". Very pleased with the results. I assume google would help you find them.
Congrats on the purchase, and wipe the smile off your face!

snoqualmiesmoker
04-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Hi all.

I just bought a Traeger Lil' Tex at a great price from a store going out of business. I would appreciate any info on the wood pellets you use and why you think they are the best. Also, will any food grade wood pellets work with the Traeger Lil' Tex, or are there certain brands that work better than others?

Love the forum, and I look forward to any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Morgan

And the great price is.........$$$$$$$$

E_Morgue
04-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Sno,

I got it for $365 brand new.

Morgan

SamSmoker
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Try cookinpellets.com

tommykendall
04-17-2009, 09:14 AM
rabbit pellets :mrgreen:

Hell Fire Grill
04-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Im sure ther are several places around Pittsburgh that have traeger pellets. Here is a locator for treager products.

http://www.traegergrills.com/dealer.cfm?reg

snoqualmiesmoker
04-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Great price. My buddy loves his. be sure to keep it covered. They are prone to rust.

Oh, pics please!

big brother smoke
04-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Tree turds:mrgreen:

E_Morgue
04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
rabbit pellets :mrgreen:
Rabbit pellets...plenty of those to go around here.:biggrin:
Hmm...smoked rabbit...I guess we can try that if the dog ever catches one of those pellet producers!:shock:

E_Morgue
04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Great price. My buddy loves his. be sure to keep it covered. They are prone to rust.
I ordered the cover last night for it:wink: