PDA

View Full Version : Just about finished my BBQ...

Smitty1
04-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi, this is my first post but I've been browsing for a few months and thought I'd say "hi" and show a pic of the new grill. Got some good ideas for building it on here. Well, I've finally finished (except for sealing the stone and attaching the vents) and so far I'm pleased. It's not nearly as nice as some I've seen on here but it'll certainly work for me. It's a 5-burner Jenn-Air (lp) I got from the local Lowes last year on clearance. No side burners etc, just a fridge (gotta have cold beverages for the firepit too!) Haven't had a chance to use the grill yet but I can affirm that the fridge works perfectly. :mrgreen: The patio is still a work in progress but hope to have everything finished up by Summer. BTW... gave the old Weber to the wife's folks.. Gotta keep them happy. :wink:

http://www.pbase.com/brandonrowe/patio

Take care

Ken V
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow, great job!! That would definitely work for me.

Ken

chad
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Nice job on the patio! But, it's way too clean!

Head on over to Cattle Call and tell us something about your self!

CROSSCZEK
04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Ya..not nearly as nice as some. It's a whole lot nicer than most!
Good job. Where's the new Webber/smoker going? Out with the old, in with the new? I too have a nice Jenn-Air gasser, but you gotta have a smoker too.:-D
Nice to meet you Smitty. Head to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

-scott

Chris Nickelson
04-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Awesome Job!

When's the grand opening party>?

bbqbull
04-08-2009, 12:07 PM
That is a great looking back yard Smitty!

Congrats on all the blood, sweat and tears that went into that huge project.

jocosa
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh wow! If I were your neighbor I'd be jealous or at least making an effort to get to know you so I could be invited to all the great times that are bound to happen there.

BobBrisket
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Dude, have you done all that on your own? That is farking sweet. Outstanding craftsmanship and detail. That is a sweet set up. Welcome!! You got some skillz ,Bro!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I like the set up with the brick, block and rock that you used on the firepit. Very nice.

Phesant
04-08-2009, 01:12 PM
That realy looks great

Smitty1
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys.. It was a lot of work but most of it due to the fact the patio and knee-wall was built before I decided to make the grill. So I had to incorporate two of the walls into the foundation of the grill... and to make it even more difficult the patio has a pretty good slope to it so trying to get everything even and level was a serious pain!

The top is made of black granite tiles. (was clean that morning and green by the evening due to all the pollen.) :mad: The sides were slate tiles I cut in half to get the brick pattern. It was an excuse to get another tool (wet tile saw). The only problem is now I don't have an excuse not to do other tile projects in the house the wife wants. I have a feeling the Honey-do list just got longer. :icon_shock1:

ams14
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
holy crap, i was proud of myself for putting down a few pavers in the back yard and raking out the weeds where i keep my smoker. Nice work, that is a sweet place!

chad
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
The sides were slate tiles I cut in half to get the brick pattern. It was an excuse to get another tool (wet tile saw). The only problem is now I don't have an excuse not to do other tile projects in the house the wife wants. I have a feeling the Honey-do list just got longer. :icon_shock1:

Dude, I feel your pain! :-D Great job on the outdoor living space.

Smokey Al Gold
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
That's exactly what i'd do if I had money! :(

JD McGee
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Looks great...but where's the smoker? :-P

Porky
04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice job. Looks like you could do that professionally.

aquablue22
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Very nice looking backyard play area!!!!

dreed
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I built a similar patio and outdoor kitchen in my last house, It took a lot of work, especially bringing materials to the rear of the house. But I enjoyed it even more when it was done. Enjoy it this year.
PS I also bought the Jenn-Air, keep all the paperwork, it isn't actually jenn-Air that makes them but a different company that Lowes contract with and uses the jenn-Air name. Sounds fishy but true. Also get some time behind the grill, Mine had hot spots that I had to get use too. But enjoyed the big cooking surface.

Barbarian
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Great patio, now you just need a pretty looking UDS for the smokin' of all them butts down in NC!!!!