PDA

View Full Version : Men in Aprons Gone??

Bossmanbbq
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't know how many of you check out Men in Aprons, but it has been a great blog to read. I just received this email this morning, sounds like their done writing it which is real sad, talented blog and great ideas, hate to see it go...

All good things ...
The year 2008 brought to myself and my family some hard times financially and socially. Almost overnight, changes in my employment and home life brought with it a halt to the posts that I had once churned out en mass. Though I tried many times to resurrect myself to the work I once did here, I could not find the energy or motivation to return.
In many ways, this weblog accomplished goals set out many years ago. At one time I set myself apart from other food sites and blogs. But over the years, MIA has become drowned in a sea of mediocre sites, recipe databases that offer no insight or personality, and a hellish host of ad-driven drivel.
It is said that all good things must come to an end. I only half-believe that. I believe that all good things morph into others as time moves on.
Call it a hiatus; call it a sabbatical, but do not call it done. Though this is the last post here, there is a voice that is telling me I'm not finished. Men in Aprons had another version way before this domain name, so I believe that this is not over.
I would like to thank everyone who had a part here. My wife for putting up with my incessant cooking and writing, my father for the last few months of comment cleaning, the host of advertisers and product pushers, and yes even you, the trollish *******s who never stopped trying to bring me down by leaving your comments.
With a heavy heart and a sigh of relief, I bring to a close this incarnation of Men in Aprons.

CB
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I agree Bossman - Adam is a good guy and made sensible cooking posts.

Two of his recipes made it into the Everybody Grills cookbook and they are tasty.

kickassbbq
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Aprons? I love to cook!!!!