PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, and Rec for Tri State vendor info

Goose
01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry right up front for the Newb question, (please dont flame me!)

Can anyone recomend a vendor of lump besides the cowboy stuff at the big boxes?
I am in Queens NY.
Any other local BBQ events, listings ect?

My hello thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=55837)locked, but I wanted to say "thank you all" for the warm welcomes to the board.

Thanks,

Arlin_MacRae
01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Jim! We don't flame 'noobs' here, brother! I can't help with the answer, being out west, but someone will.

BTW, we typically lock Cattle Call intros at the 30-post mark to keep them from lingering forever and getting unneeded attention months or years later!

Arlin

Smokin Mike
01-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I can't help you either, sorry. I know some folks soon will, probally at work or something.

Goose
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks Gents!:-D

FatBellyBBQ
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Stay away from the Cowboy lump sparklers, it dangerous lighting that stuff. If you are looking for decent and reasonable price lump charcoal check out Wal-Mart. I don't know if the Wal-Mart in NY sells Royal Oak Lump but here in MA & NH all the Wal-Mart's have alot of charcoal such as Royal Oak and Kingsford, etc. I would check them out, usually it sold outside in the garden area, you may need to find a wal-mart associate as it maybe wrapped up for winter. Royal Oak lump is Brethren approved

Goose
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, I found some of the new red bag Kingsford @ HD today but thats it. :frown: