PDA

View Full Version : Chefs asking us to cook

Marsha
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Okay, I may be patting us on the back, but I am feeling pretty good right now... I work at a military postgraduate school. Our campus was once a resort in the Monterey Bay area, and is still a popular, historic and beautiful, venue for weddings, conferences, etc. A couple of the chefs here have tasted our food and have requested we cook the meat for 200 people at their annual department BBQ in April. They usually do the cooking themselves and decided this year they want to kick back and enjoy the party and let someone else do the cooking. This is one of the very few events where we will let them buy the meat for us to smoke. The chef and I had that talk about food safety and he knows I mean business... LOL! I stopped by the office today to talk with the organizer and she said we came very highly recommended. I am so pleased that they want us to cook for their party!

And now, bragging mode off! :grin:

big brother smoke
01-20-2009, 11:22 PM
WTG, Marsha, sounds like a great gig. Please post pics post this event.

Marsha
01-20-2009, 11:24 PM
WTG, Marsha, sounds like a great gig. Please post pics post this event.

Yes, photos will be posted. Thanks! :D

Bigmista
01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Sweet! When you're on the cover of Bon Apetit I can say, I knew her when...

Marsha
01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Sweet! When you're on the cover of Bon Apetit I can say, I knew her when...

Sure, no problem... but I am betting you and MrsMista will be there first. LOL!

MrsMista
01-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Congrats Ms. Marsha. A virtual toast to your success.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
What a nice compliment. You must be doing things right. Congratulations on the gig.

smokinit
01-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Totally awesome thats a good start to the new year.

bbqbull
01-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Congrats on being chosen to cook for the group Marsha!

I would consider that a great honor for you and your team.

n-2-que
01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Congrats sounds like a great event and great Opportunity.

Marsha
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Thank you all! It's kinda slow for us this time of year, so it's good to have some positive reinforcement that we are on the right track :smile:

Professor Salt
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
It's great to get that sort of feedback from restaurant pros, congrats!

Bbq Bubba
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats Marsha, not a nicer compliment could be had! :biggrin:

Divemaster
01-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Congrats!!!!

Talk about intimidating! Kinda like walking into a bakery with a loaf of bread, handing it to the baker and asking "So, what do you think?"

I know you can pull this off! Way To Go!

jtfisher63
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Good job! I have driven by where you work at is is nice!

Marsha
01-21-2009, 08:59 PM
It's great to get that sort of feedback from restaurant pros, congrats!
No kidding!

Congrats Marsha, not a nicer compliment could be had! :biggrin:
Thank you!

Congrats!!!!
Thanks!

Talk about intimidating! Kinda like walking into a bakery with a loaf of bread, handing it to the baker and asking "So, what do you think?"

I know you can pull this off! Way To Go!
I kind of did something like that in the beginning. I took a fresh made tri-tip sammich to one of the chefs who dates a co-worker. I told him he could put sauce in it if he wanted, etc. And then I walked back to my office. He said he ate it just the roll and meat and loved it. Woooot! He and my co-worker have since had our food at various vending events in the area, as have several other people on campus. For some reason I always get nervous when they come by for food :)

Good job! I have driven by where you work at is is nice!
It is a very beautiful venue! I love taking walks around campus at lunch time. Well, except for all the goose and peacock droppings. Birds love this place for some reason, LOL
http://www.monterey.org/langcap/herrmann-hall-aerial_web.jpg

Rookie'48
01-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Congrats Marsha, way to go!

Dustaway
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Congratulations

jbrink01
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I have never paid attention to your address. You have got to be in / near what I believe to be one of the prettiest, if not m,ost expensive, places on earthg. I am now envious!!

leanza
01-22-2009, 09:11 PM
As they say. It ain't bragging if you can do it. And it looks like your about to. May you have great success.