PDA

View Full Version : This morning's cook

jgh1204
12-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Friday night I was playing poker with friends and the next thing I know it is 4AM. I get home at 4:30 and remembered I was supposed to get up early to start a brisket and a butt.

So, I threw 5# of Rancher, 1 split of pecan and several chunks of apple in my specially made spicewine charcoal basket.(made for my bandera but just fits my UDS).

Filled up the chimney with charcoal and got it going about halfway and then poured it on top of the wood. Put the meat on and waited until it got up to temps then went to bed at about 5:15 placing the NuTemp receiver on my nightstand. I woke up periodically and the temps were slowly climbing and maxed out at 270 about 9AM. I was too tired to do much about it.

Woke up at 11:45 AM and went and checked the meat. Both the brisket and the butt were at 195 so I foiled them and threw them into the cooler to hold until dinner.

I figured they cooked too fast and would be dry. Some of the best meat i have done with a real dark 1/4" smoke ring and another 1/4" of lighter ring. This was both on the butt and the brisket.

But, since I did not take pics, it was just a dream and it did not happen. :mad:

Seriously though, it was the easiest cook I have ever done.

KuyasKitchen
12-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Nice dream!

dfmopar
12-28-2008, 04:15 AM
ssss

dfmopar
12-28-2008, 04:16 AM
yup thats cool