PDA

View Full Version : Parents 50th Coming in Feb.

Wesman61
12-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Being that We moved to Idaho in '05 not a lot of the People we knew in CA. will be able to come. However many of Mom's siblings are planning to be here. We're still trying to get a head count. I don't see it being over 30 People.

I'm thinking smoked butts would be the way to go. Why? Because they taste good! Also I'll be using my Traeger and room is limited. A brisket is flat and takes up a lot of real estate. I can get 5 or 6 butts on my smoker. We're on a budget so any advice on what to serve and have it come out special would be greatly appreciated.

J-mac
12-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Wow, that's a coincidence (almost). My parents' 50th anniversary will be in February of 2010.

Smoked butts sounds good to me.

gpalasz
12-26-2008, 10:23 AM
cant go wrong w/ pulled pork. Some apps. like abt's and moink balls would be nice.

Wesman61
12-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I just remembered that I have 20lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breast and a pork butt in the freezer. If I pick up another 2 pack of butts from Cash and Carry that should be enough meat. Maybe more than enough but We still don't know what the head count will be. I can make bourbon street chicken and pulled butts with rice. I have a Tex/Mex rice recipe I use that is great. I can have Family members make dinner rolls the day before.

Wesman61
12-26-2008, 12:38 PM
No go on the chicken. Checked the date and it was pack in June. I talked to My Brother and we agreed He'd handle the ceremony part and I'd handle the food. So it looks like pulled pork and another meat dish, Tex-Mex rice, Salad, beans, and apps.