PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Helper, Ashmont!!!

N8man
12-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm sitting in my Home Studio, doing some Digital Painting, when I hear
the sound of size twelve work boots, climbing up my front steps, and a knock at the door. Who could it be? What do they want?
I go and open the front door to see the Mail Man retreating to his Postal Vehicle, waving me a hello and goodbye salute, and I see a package on the Porch Floor. I swoop it up and carry it inside, grab a knife in the Kitchen and tear into it. It's full of Dried Peppers from my Friend Ashmont!!!!!:biggrin:
I think they are Cayenne.
First off, I'm going to take a double handful, rough crush them and place them in warmed Olive Oil to make some Spiced Oil for drizzling and cooking.
Brethren, what are some other ways I can put these to good use?
I'm looking for your tips and recipes please.
And Ashmont, Thank You for the Delightful Christmas Present.

Spydermike72
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Crush some up for some rub!!
I also like to cut them thin and put in Pinto Beans and Fried taters!!

N8man
12-22-2008, 05:42 PM
I hear tell Santa's Bringing Me a Mortar and Pestle for Christmas,
I've been a Very Good Boy This Year.:biggrin:

EatonHoggBBQ
12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
They sorta look like Chile de Arbols to me. Anyway, if you get a recipe that says to toast them in a frying pan on the stove, it's a really good idea to do that step outdoors. I did it indoors once and it was like someone sprayed pepper spray in the house.

Jorge
12-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Excellent for pizza if you pulse in a food processor.

sampson
12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Brethren, what are some other ways I can put these to good use?
I'm looking for your tips and recipes please.

Send some to your new best buddy, Sampson! He'll crush some up and add them to a peach glaze to drizzle over some Christmas Day MOINK balls...

BobBrisket
12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Three words..............Salsa de Arbol. Those are cayennes if I'm not mistaken. Good stuff there!!

Wish he'd send me some ground Angus!!!!:wink:

Ashmont
12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Well Well Well!!!!!!!! Must be a new guy and forgot about the jeep address thing... Also was he waving with all FIVE fingers when the mailman left? I am sure they are hotter than the rare Kaskasian peppers from earlier this year. What BobBrisket said about Salsa de Arbol but he is still not getting any of my Angus beef. Also Mrs Ashmont was making this tonight. I am sure you could make it a little hotter for when on the forum and get the muchies grab a hanful of this treated to the N8man's desired heat temp. Be careful dont eat all at once might need some ice cream to sit on.... Also shhh on the Mortar Billy might wanna blow something up (Just kidding Billy) N8man I see you have a new buddy Sampson...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Ashmont_/chex.jpg

garyk1398
12-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Nice Chilies!

smokindorf
12-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Were these done in a dehydrator? Thanks, and Merry Christmas! John
Well Well Well!!!!!!!!

Ashmont
12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Not sure these were bought commercially. I was in the local Mexican grocery store for some jalapenos for yesterdays ABT's

:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool :icon_cool:icon_cool

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Ashmont_/ATT00001.jpg

Saw these and thought N8mans name was all over them so I sent him a big bag. I think the next size down was a bushel. :eek:

Ashmont
12-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh I forgot N8man that they would go good in a mixture with udder stuff in a fattie!!!! Kick up da heat...................