PDA

View Full Version : My first Review of Plowboys Yardbird

thedirtman
10-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone. I thought I would give my two cents, and jump into the review of a Hall of fame rub made by a fellow Todd. Todd and I did a swap of seasonings a few weeks ago, and I decided to try the Yardbird on some boneless chicken breast. This is the first time I had tried it. At the same time I made some breast's with my own Crabby Dirt, which I love on Chicken breast. Well here you go.

I put both seasonings on the chicken with a little olive oil. Here they are side by side.

Plowboys by it self. Looking awfully pretty and standing tall.

Putting both kinds on the grill.

Almost done and looking good. At this point I was ready to eat them right off the grill.

Both of the chickens done and ready to eat. They look awsome.

Here is my review of the Plowboys. I absolutely LOVE IT. I think Todd's Plowboys is a true BBQ rub, that will make any BBQ chef, become award winning. It has just the right sweetness to go with the spice. I think it is an absolute hit and would strongly suggest it. I think you can eat it with a spoon. Well Done Todd. The Crabby DIRT is not a true BBQ rub, but a seasoning for many things, so it is very different to a true BBQ rub. But I think it will surprise you, how good it tastes. But this is not about my spice. I think there is something about the name Todd and seasonings. You won't go wrong with either Todd's stuff. I will say one more thing about Plowboys Yardbird. My kids loved it, and the one who hates spices even liked it. I can't wait to do some ribs with this.

Todd
"The Dirt Man"

Black Cat BBQ
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
WOW! Think I know what I am having for din din. I have not used my crabby dirt yet so this will be a good excuse for a side by side comparison as well.

Smokin Turkey
10-14-2008, 08:54 AM
How can I order some?

jeffjenkins1
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
How can I order some?

One place is here, http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Rubs.html

There is another Brethren who has a store, I'll look it up.

Jeff

jeffjenkins1
10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
BTW, great review! I love the Yardbird and I will be trying some the the Dirt soon.

Jeff

Cabntmkr1
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks Todd, for the honest evaluation.
I have personally tried the wonderful Plowboy's rub and love it!
I hope to give yours a go one day soon.
It looks very appetizing on the chix.:razz:

BobBrisket
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Nice looking chicky breasts there!!
I need to try BOTH of those rubs. Thanks for the review.

P.S. Todd, where are the hot beer wenches that follow you around?

one2bbq
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I just recieved the Yardbird rub last week and used it on a pork butt Sunday and it was great. By the looks of it I will be using the Dirt soon.

thedirtman
10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I love breast to grill, along with so many other reasons. I can see why everybody loves the Plowboys. My stuff is not a traditional Rub, where Todd's stuff is the real thing. If you are looking for a traditional BBQ rub, you will LOVE this one. I know a thing or two about rubs.
Todd
"The Dirtman"

Desertdog
10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Just ordered some of the Yardbird yesterday, along with the Bovine Bold. Hope it gets here by the weekend!

Jaberwabee
10-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I have used enough Yardbird in the 2 years to know the different batches when I bought it. Old school Yardbird was slightly pinker than orangy in color if that makes since, but its all really good. I agree with Todd (J) that I think it is actually better on pork butts. The American Royal agreed too ( #1 Invitational Pork). I need to try some of the other Todd's stuff.

Norcoredneck
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
One place is here, http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Rubs.html

There is another Brethren who has a store, I'll look it up.

Jeff
Good place but you can also get it from a brother..
http://greatlakesbbqsupply.com/

jeffjenkins1
10-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Good place but you can also get it from a brother..
http://greatlakesbbqsupply.com/

Thanks Norco, I left work and forgot!

Jeff

BBQ Grail
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I've never heard of either of these products. Gonna have to give them a whirl. :wink:

Rookie'48
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I've never heard of either of these products. Gonna have to give them a whirl. :wink:

Lemme know how they turn out, Larry :rolleyes:.

Bacon
10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Yardbird is an extremely good product. Got one shaker on its way, a 5 lb bag in the near future.

Haven't tried my crabby dirt yet. But will be sure to post the pics and review myself when it does happen.

Great pics btw. Both look great.

Todd Ras
10-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I just picked up some Bovine and some Yardbird yesterday and going to try one of them out on a butt this weekend for the family tailgate. Gets picks and I can't wait to try them out!!

Desert Dweller
10-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey Todd, I'm waiting for ordering info on the Todd's Dirt Products. Don't forget me!

jestridge
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm being honest do you thinkk there very much difference in any rub ?because it just penterate the meat so far. I have tried several always go back to Lawery seasoning salt. I think the flavor is more in the smoke than anything