PDA

View Full Version : You GOTTA see this

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
was asked to bid something. Here is what I am up against. Sounds like a big NO WAY!

As requested, here is some general information regarding our event:

Food services up to 12,000 – this year we had approximately 9,700 and the event grows each time we have it
Event is from 10:00 am – to 4:00 pm

Buffet services typically from 11:00 – 4:00
Snack and beverage stations from 10:00 – 4:00
Buffet Stations

BBQ pulled pork
Steak Burgers
Veggie Burgers
Breaded chicken tenders
Turkey Burgers
Hot dogs
2 side dishes
Snack stations

Popcorn (3 flavors
Nachos with all the toppings
Chips
Cookies
Ice cream
Dippin Dots
Cotton Candy
Yogurt & fruit Parfaits
Beverage stations

Soda
Water
Juice boxes for kids
Lemonade
Tea

Price

I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price.

Plowboy
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
What, no massage chairs and pina coladas?

timzcardz
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Price

I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price.

Sounds like BS to me.

If the past vendor did all of that for $10/head for 5 hours for the past three years and did a fantastic job, then why would they look anywhere else?

Well unless of course the vendor told them to go scratch!

big brother smoke
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
[quote=jbrink01;756934]was asked to bid something. Here is what I am up against. Sounds like a big NO WAY!

Yes, but he needs to come off another $5 bucks a head for service; cheap bastige :mad:

Professor Salt
10-13-2008, 12:05 PM
You're supposed to provide all those food & beverages, or just part of it? If so, which part?

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
What, no massage chairs and pina coladas?

Maybe a couple of concubines for good measure....

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
You're supposed to provide all those food & beverages, or just part of it? If so, which part?

All of it.

Westexbbq
10-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Wonder what a dippin dot is?
Like the jellied candy at the movie snack bar?

How big is that 'no way'?

Bbq Bubba
10-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I will not pay more than 10.00 per head for food. I can also tell you that the vendor we have used for the past three years has done a fantastic job, both on quality of food and price

Your answer.....

So why the fark are you talking to me??? :cool:

Stoke&Smoke
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Wonder what a dippin dot is?
Like the jellied candy at the movie snack bar?

How big is that 'no way'?
http://www.dippindots.com/

HoDeDo
10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Do they give you a guarantee on #of heads? I'd do it for a guaranteed $90K. with the possiblity of making $120K...

You would have to write in # of heads per food type so you didnt take a bath on stuff like Veggie burgers....
The key to the other guy pulling it off, is likely having restaurant to put the stuff out he does not sell ....

Not much data there though.... like is that $10/head head = plate... meaningis it a single pass, or unlimited buffet?
Is that $10 per station.... or one trip thought each? etc. etc....

Could be doable, but need alot more info before you knowwhat you are in for. Might be a big moneymaker depening on how the details are structured for 12K people...

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Do they give you a guarantee on #of heads? I'd do it for a guaranteed $90K. with the possiblity of making $120K...

You would have to write in # of heads per food type so you didnt take a bath on stuff like Veggie burgers....
The key to the other guy pulling it off, is likely having restaurant to put the stuff out he does not sell ....

Not much data there though.... like is that $10/head head = plate... meaningis it a single pass, or unlimited buffet?

Could be doable, but need alot more info before you knowwhat you are in for. Might be a big moneymaker depening on how the details are structured for 12K people...

I agree. I have asked her a bunch of questions and am waiting a response.

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM

So,
you and Todd up for a roadtrip next summer to split this thing with me?

timzcardz
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
The other question is, what type of event of this?

If it is for an anorexia convention then it could be a real sweet deal. :wink:

On the other hand, do you know how much 12,000 iron workers could eat? :eek:

Plowboy
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
So,

I need $1 per plate. :mrgreen: ... and a concubine.

HoDeDo
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
So,

I need $1 per plate. :mrgreen: ... and a concubine.

You guys keep the concubines... I'm covered.:twisted::icon_cool I will work somethin out onthe food though :razz:

big brother smoke
10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
You guys keep the concubines... I'm covered.:twisted::icon_cool I will work somethin out onthe food though :razz:

Good answer! Hate to be a fly on the wall, iffin you answered differently!:shock:

jbrink01
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
The other question is, what type of event of this?

If it is for an anorexia convention then it could be a real sweet deal. :wink:

On the other hand, do you know how much 12,000 iron workers could eat? :eek:

Mix of kids, office workers, utility workers and spouses.

HBMTN
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM

I would say to him- That sounds great! Looks like he will get to do it for a fourth year, I am glad you are happy with his service and price. Have a great day!

BBQchef33
10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
i would say to him...

Heres $10. Can I come?.

lazybonesmoke1
10-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Call the guy who did it the past three years. I bet you will get alot of your questions answered.

jbrink01
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I thanked them for consideration, offered my services for other outings and walked away.

Marsha
10-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I thanked them for consideration, offered my services for other outings and walked away.

Good move!

BBQ Grail
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM

Good move!

What Marsha said!

MrsMista
10-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Always follow your first mind. And like we say in dominoes, "all money ain't good money".

bbqbull
10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Good move!

I second this one!

Cabntmkr1
10-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Sounds like trouble...:shock:

Wayne
10-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Run Like Hell!

The reason they are asking for bids is because their old caterer probably wants to charge $20 a head and provide a smaller menu.

At $10 per head you will loose you a$$ (pun intended). I do not know any pro caterer in SE Kansas that charges less than $12 per head and that is pretty much 2 oven roasted meats, 2 canned veggies (usually corn and green beans), dinner rolls, a lettuce salad, and iced tea and coffee.

Unless you have participated in a doin's this big I would RUN LIKE HELL (Pink Floyd)

Qcrue2U
11-01-2008, 01:31 AM
i would say to him...

Heres $10. Can I come?.

Me two!!! ... :razz:

WannaBeBBQueen
11-01-2008, 07:01 AM
You sir are a smart man!:mrgreen:

Mo-Dave
11-01-2008, 10:46 PM

Well you did the right thing I think but I was going to let you use my cotton candy machine, if you didn't have one. :icon_smil
Dave

Neil
11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I'll stick to the $12 per for pulled pork, thighs, breast tenderloins, slaw, beans, and rolls for 80 like I did last weekend. No drink, no paper, no plastic. Drop off, set up, and remove two hours later. Yes I did provide sauce.:biggrin: