PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Ocean grove, NJ 10/11

Jacked UP BBQ
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
just found out about this. I am entering a couple teams!!!!!!!!!!! Only twenty minutes from home, I'll take it!!!
Hi Everybody,

Sorry about the delay but being our first time we had to work out a few things with the fire department and the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting, whose grounds we will be using.
So, Oct 11th is the date here in Ocean Grove.
The menu will be ribs and fish and anything butt.
We will be right on the beachfront next to the boardwalk, closer to the beach than any other cookoff
I will need the following which you can email me back......
NAME OF TEAM
CONTACT PERSONS NAME AND PHONE/EMAIL
ENTRANCE FEE IS $100
PRIZES FOR THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN EACH CATEGORY
SPACE PROVIDED WILL BE 10X20
Please mail your entrance fee made out to : OGCMA
to MATT CARRERA
140 WEBB AVE
OCEAN GROVE, NJ 07756
email: [email protected] ([email protected])
phone: 7325134736(cell)

You may arrive the night before if you like but please let me know ahead of time.
Ribs turn in will be at twelve noon
Fish turn in will be at one pm.
Anything butt at one thirty.

TELL YOU WHAT BBQ
10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Any idea what's happenin? Rib/fish/Dessert -- on Saturday

Jacked UP BBQ
10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
not sure, I am just going to show up and see what happens.

Fat Angel
10-07-2008, 09:30 AM
We have a catering job that day so we can't do it. This seems like a great location and has the potential to be a great contest. It looks like the weather is going to co-operate. Good Luck to the OC Pig Assassins and everyone else who goes. I will be looking forward to the results next Sat Night.

This is the latest email I saw on it, and not that it matters to some but I was told that the awards are trophies only and do not involve cash.

From the organizer:

Hi All,

After talking to a few of the teams, there will be a schedule change for the competition.

Two pm will be the fish turn in. 2:30 will be the ribs turn in and 3:00 pm will be the anything butt which we decided would be desserts of any kind .

The rules of the competition will be forwarded to each team. Also I have to send you a form from the fire dept. that has to be filled out. There is no fee charged but needed for a permit for the day.

Thanks for your time and input.

BBQing Matt