PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Barrels update.....

bigmeatbbq
09-19-2008, 02:21 PM
The guy that works at our water treatment plant(our city contracts out the job) has been working in another city. Filling in for a guy that quit. He's supposed to be back on the 22nd. I'll pin him down when he gets back about availability and numbers. I don't think he's yanking my chain. I've been out to the facility and saw a pile of barrels behind a storage shed. I could'nt get close enough to get a good look at them but they look to be in great shape. There was probably 10-12 barrels there. My fingers are crossed. Please be patient. As soon as I know something, you'll know something.

Mark
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the update. It will be great if it happens, but don't get your hopes too high. Stuff that sounds too good to be true usually is. Besides, plain steel barrels work just fine.

swamprb
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the update. It will be great if it happens, but don't get your hopes too high. Stuff that sounds too good to be true usually is. Besides, plain steel barrels work just fine.

So true! I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for drums. I saw some stainless (I think he called them fermenting drums) at a home winery where I picked up an oak barrel recently, they had some that looked kind of like yours Mark. Some had rubber like tires around the outside. When I told the guy I was going to cut the oak wine barrel up for smoke wood, he almost cried! I asked how much the stainless ones go for and he just said "you don't wanna know"