PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area BBQ Cookoff

StarvinMarvins
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm looking to get my feet wet at the upcoming Bay Area BBQ Cookoff. Let's talk if you're competing and need a hand!

TOPS BBQ
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Starvin - Just a heads up, that's the same weekend as Fairfield's West Coast BBQ Championship. There were two comps in S.F. last year, but I'm not sure which comp your talking about. I do remember one being a Rib Cook-off of sorts and a lot of people came from there pretty upset after having to pay $15 at the door and more for the ribs which ended up running out.

I'm not saying not to go, but be warned. As for the Fairfield comp, you are guaranteed to meet some great people. There's a backyard division as well. You just might want to compete in that. It's Chicken, Tri-tip & Ribs. It's a great way to start out and get your feet wet. You are also allowed to use gas grills.

Here's the Wiki page at CBBQA: http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?title=5th_Annual_West_Coast_BBQ_Champion ships

Although, you won't be required to come until Saturday, you'll be mixed in with the rest of us & can camp out and learn a few tricks. There will also be a potluck Friday night.

jtfisher63
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, what Robert said ^^^^.

We'll be in Fairfield too, if you make it to Fairfield stop by for a cold one.

StarvinMarvins
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I was talking about the one in Pleasanton at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. http://www.bayareabarbequecookoff.com/

Thanks for the heads up about the Fairfield event though...it looks like it's going to be way more fun than the Pleasanton gig!!!!

Thanks again guys!

Brian in So Cal
08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, what Robert said ^^^^.

We'll be in Fairfield too, if you make it to Fairfield stop by for a cold one.

Can I stop by for a cold one?:-D

jtfisher63
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Can I stop by for a cold one?:-D

Damn straight! You guys are in for the potluck right? It'll be good to meet you guys from SoCal. Seems like I know you guys already from the forums. We'll see you there.

By the way, I'm sure Robert will chime in about me drinking Keystone so I'll beat him to it. We may even bring some hefeweisens and such, but my staple beer is Stones!

ThomEmery
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
The Bay Area Cook Off sounds like food vendors to me
I am sure its fun But that aint a cook off

yelonutz
08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude, Stones is Stones, this is beer;
NUTZ

TOPS BBQ
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Damn straight! You guys are in for the potluck right? It'll be good to meet you guys from SoCal. Seems like I know you guys already from the forums. We'll see you there.

By the way, I'm sure Robert will chime in about me drinking Keystone so I'll beat him to it. We may even bring some hefeweisens and such, but my staple beer is Stones!

Damn you Fisher!:mad: You know how much I like throwing down the Keystone comments. I'll have some drinks available as well.:-D

BTW - We'll be at the potluck, but I haven't figured out what we're going to bring. Don't want to mess with my competition mind. Not that that has helped in the past.:shock:

ThomEmery
08-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Those Friday Night Pot Lucks are great
AND ya got Harry Soo with his culinary skills
in attendance
LOL Just don't bring BBQ LOL