PDA

View Full Version : Rib mop

Bevo
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey, any of you have a good mop for ribs and are willing to share?

Arlin_MacRae
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I've had several. You can find 'em at a BBQ store or Academy Sports. Probably Cabella's or Bass Pros too.

After using them for quite a while, the only good thing about them is the speed with which you baste. In, mop, out, with less heat loss than a spray or brush.

Pipin' Pig
07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I've had several. You can find 'em at a BBQ store or Academy Sports. Probably Cabella's or Bass Pros too.

After using them for quite a while, the only good thing about them is the speed with which you baste. In, mop, out, with less heat loss than a spray or brush.

Umm ... the "share" part?

Arlin_MacRae
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Sorry, my mama told me never to share my mop with another man...

N8man
07-01-2008, 04:45 PM
This is my go to Mop Recipe for Pork and Ribs..
Sweet Heat Mop:
12oz. Texas Pete 2 Cups Apple Juice 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Catsup 1 Cup Cane Syrup 1 Cup Lt. Brown Sugar
3 Tbls. Lemon Juice
Combine in Pot, Simmer on low for 30 Minutes

Two weeks ago I added a 11.5 oz Bottle of Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce to the recipe. The Ribs turned out Real Nice...:-D
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16580&d=1213468183
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16599&d=1213480878

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Two parts maple syrup, one part your favorite BBQ sauce de jour and one part apple juice.

I use apple juice only until the last 30 minutes with this mop.

ddog27
07-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Thought I would share my recipe for mopping sauce. This stuff is great!!

DP Mopping Sauce

• 1 Cup of Dr. Pepper
• 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil

Stir ingredients together and apply to liberally to whatever you are cooking. This mop adds great flavor and keeps meat from drying out.

Ron_L
07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey, any of you have a good mop for ribs and are willing to share?

Sorry, my mama told me never to share my mop with another man...

What we have here is a failure to communicate... :rolleyes:

I've mopped and sprayed in the past but I really never noticed a big difference in the end result. Now I glaze with my favorite sauce du jour thinned with a little apple juice during the last 30 minutes of the cook.

Arlin_MacRae
07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
What we have here is a failure to communicate...

LMAO - you got THAT right! :roll::oops::lol:

For the liquid mop (ahem) I either water down some BBQ sauce and add rub, or use marinade with additional rub.

There!

Sir Smoke A Lot
07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Dr. BBQ's spray recipe is good - I forget the quantities but it is apple juice, bourbon and worchestershire sauce.

jestridge
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
apple juice and oliver oil here but I dont always mop.