PDA

View Full Version : Bastage Thieves!

Countryhb
06-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Cleared out our common parking area a couple weeks ago for my birthday party. I put my double barrel cooker and my NB offset on the side of the house for storage purposes. Neighbor came in last night and said the dumpster-diving trash collectors came through yesterday and took my NB offset!! What a bunch of bastages!! When I find him, I am going to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him!!

afreemaniii
06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Cleared out our common parking area a couple weeks ago for my birthday party. I put my double barrel cooker and my NB offset on the side of the house for storage purposes. Neighbor came in last night and said the dumpster-diving trash collectors came through yesterday and took my NB offset!! What a bunch of bastages!! When I find him, I am going to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him!!

This is a tragedy!!

Spydermike72
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Oh Chit man!! That is a travesty!! I would not want to be those guys when you find them....

Tinybud
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
That sucks,, sorry to hear that,, and I thought I was mad memorial day when someone in the trailer park next door decided to steal my picnic table. Good luck ,, hope you can track it down.

Professor Salt
06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
sunzabeeches. didn't you get hit one other time? or was that HB or Fin?

Bossmanbbq
06-04-2008, 02:34 PM

Sounds like with all the problems people are having in California with people having chicken and roosters in their backyards, you probably have someone in the neighborhood firing the bad boy up right now for a feast:twisted:

No seriously that is F*&^%$ Up. Hope you find it!

big brother smoke
06-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Let me know when the meeting is taking place! This is farking ridiculous!

BBQ Grail
06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
If you find him around, wait until he jumps in the dumpster and close and lock the lid.

MattCom
06-04-2008, 03:04 PM
That sucks!
I see you still have the weed burner... that could come in handy when the perp is caught.

BTW... your neighbor didn't do anything when he saw them taking it?
I'd check his garage for the smell of sweet blue.

KC_Bobby
06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Didn't you also have your child's motorride taken in a similar fashion too? Or was that HB-BBQ? Either way, your HB dumpster divers need a refresher course.

Countryhb
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
It was HB-BBQ who had the quad stolen. These farkers are out of hand and I'm going to start laying down the law...I AM THE LAW!!

Judge Dredd mod

HolySmoke
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
TORTURE IS A MUST!!!!!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

OSD
06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
If you catch them, hot nuts and smoken' butts could have a whole new meaning for them.:twisted::twisted::biggrin:

HB-BBQ
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Didn't you also have your child's motorride taken in a similar fashion too? Or was that HB-BBQ? Either way, your HB dumpster divers need a refresher course.Yup that was my daughters quad that got stolen...

Country I told Jen last night after we saw you but forgot to call you myself. The neighbor across the way on 18th saw the farker earlier in the day driving away with it but didnt realize what he was up to as his truck was already piled high. She mentioned the type of truck he had and I think it is the same guy that has been bringing Ben the used webers but I am not positive. I guess you better move the double barrel in, the farker probably has his eye on it too.

Might be time to set a trap :evil:

Brian in So Cal
06-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Four king that sucks. By the way I agree with the guy who said that your neighbor saw it. What the hell is that. He didn't say anything. That is Bullchit also.

Was the neighbor HB-BBQ by any chance!!:mrgreen:

Solidkick
06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I say let's form a posse!

Countryhb
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
You guys bring the posse, I'll cook the food!!

CaptGrumpy
06-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Glad i got my small BGE outta Huntington Beach before that disappeared off of the sellers patio.
It will be home in the next 1/2 hour. Of course I stole that too but at least the previous owner feels he made out on the deal.

Norcoredneck
06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Lock and load Brother. I'd check local scrap yards. If you find it tell them it's stolen. They had the guy sign a slip to scrap. make him buy a new one.

Patrick's BBQ
06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I dont mean to rain down on anyone's pissed off party here but I have a suggestion.

Would it be proper to wish the thief well? I know that what he did was wrong and all and I'm not condoning stealing ANYTHING!! All I'm saying is that, if we all got what we deserved we would have some butt rub all over us and be stuck in the big smoker in the sky...

This cat that stole your smoker, I say... Bless him and his family, wish him good times and great meals on a great unit. Ask the man upstairs that every time he cooks on it that he is reminded that there is a God that want's to forgive him.

Ya never know, at the end of the party, when it's all over, y'all may be sittin at the same table in heaven grabbin for the same rib. I’m my mind, that's what it's all about.

You got that smoker once, I'll be willing to bet that you'll get another...

Not telling y'all what to do an anything, just a suggestion...

You can say well, if it happed to you you'd be pissed to, well... It did happed to me, I had a $25,000.00 trailer stolen that had warmers, refers, chafing dishes, generators utensils - the whole 9... I was angry for about 6 min. Then I started laughing. What else was I gonna do... I prayed for the guy right there. Since then, My catering business has taken off, I won 1st place at a little contest and I am getting into doing festivals. I am glad that this person has it and I really do hope that they can benefit from it the way that I wanted to.

SO, there you have it, my .02 that turned into about $3.75

Norcoredneck
06-04-2008, 07:56 PM
????
Farkers took something they new belonged to someone. They didn't ask. They are probably selling it, not using it. Most are scrappers, lots are addicts using what they steal to support their habit. How about the bike they took from the kid who can't afford to replace it, or the wheelchair that is a necessity? you can feel good about being a victim but they are thief's! My $1.98 worth.

big brother smoke
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I dont mean to rain down on anyone's pissed off party here but I have a suggestion.

Would it be proper to wish the thief well? I know that what he did was wrong and all and I'm not condoning stealing ANYTHING!! All I'm saying is that, if we all got what we deserved we would have some butt rub all over us and be stuck in the big smoker in the sky...

This cat that stole your smoker, I say... Bless him and his family, wish him good times and great meals on a great unit. Ask the man upstairs that every time he cooks on it that he is reminded that there is a God that want's to forgive him.

Ya never know, at the end of the party, when it's all over, y'all may be sittin at the same table in heaven grabbin for the same rib. I’m my mind, that's what it's all about.

You can say well, if it happed to you you'd be pissed to, well... It did happed to me, I had a $25,000.00 trailer stolen that had warmers, refers, chafing dishes, generators utensils - the whole 9... I was angry for about 6 min. Then I started laughing. What else was I gonna do... I prayed for the guy right there. Since then, My catering business has taken off, I won 1st place at a little contest and I am getting into doing festivals. I am glad that this person has it and I really do hope that they can benefit from it the way that I wanted to.

Nice $3.75 brother! However, this guy appears to be a career thief, stealing stuff for a living and probably making good coin doing such. He ain't interested in smoking food. He will steal from the wrong person one day and eat some lead; it's ineveitable.

Besides a good arse whoopin from the Brethren possee could teach him a good lesson and possbly cure him of his ways, thus ultimately saving his life:wink:

Moreover, if he can lift a NB by himself he is capable of working like the rest of us.:biggrin:

Patrick's BBQ
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
f he can lift a NB by himself he is capable of working like the rest of us.:biggrin:

No doubt, but Im sure that we've all done chit that we aint autta done... Capable er not. He aint no more f'd up than the rest of us, we just know that we're f'd up and we'er hopefully workin' on it.

Im all fer a good thumpin from time to time, I just think that we autta take a knee and mke sure that our heart is in the right place before we put our hand in the wrong place...

I'll leave it be from here. I sometimes just gotta get it out... Again, I know it aint none o my bidness. I just felt like it had to be said...

CaptGrumpy
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM

That is so easy to say when you have insurance. Me? YuP! I have insurance as well but don't ever let me catch someone stealing.
Yeah, I forgive them for being the way they are but I am still going to rain down justice on them the old school way. Maybe he will find it in his heart to forgive me after I assess his punishment (usually a broken finger or two does the job).

Norcoredneck
06-04-2008, 09:09 PM
dude picture this... You know how banks have exploding dye money? Big old bag of Dog $hit blows open door on double barrel when he lifts it.

Time for 4King BBq to break out the King of Clubs!

ipls3355
06-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Im all fer a good thumpin from time to time, I just think that we autta take a knee and mke sure that our heart is in the right place before we put our hand in the wrong place......
I'll give that a big Amen!! Those are some words to live by.!!

Norcoredneck
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Quick question, Do you leave your car keys inside your car in case someone without one figures he needs it worse than you? Guy is a thief. Could have stopped buy and asked if it was unwanted. But no he stole it.

A scrapper stopped by my dads place one day while i was there. He asked me if i had any metal. I respected that. I loaded him up. My old man saved everything. I set aside stuff to get to valuable things (Metal) In his broken English he told me he would haul away the junk also. Now there is a guy I would give to again. Twice now I have been to the house to check on it and found notes his kid wrote for him offering to help clean out "stuff". He knows the house is unoccupied, ladders, mower, all sorts of sell able things in arms reach. Never anything missing! God bless Him. "EARNING" a living.

CaptGrumpy
06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Im all fer a good thumpin from time to time, I just think that we autta take a knee and mke sure that our heart is in the right place before we put our hand in the wrong place...

I am not advocating going out and beating dumpster divers just because we are angry about this. I deal with theives in my neighborhood all the time and if I catch you red handed then we are going to either have a problem or he is going to jail.
You cannot hand out an asswhoopin' on someone unless you catch them in the act and even then half the time it is better to call law enforcement to handle the (Lack Of) justice. I do get one every once in a while that thinks he is going to fight his way out of his situation and that is where the fun begins. Ever watch UFC or WEC fights? He always taps like a beeotch!:twisted: Every once in a while something goes crack (oops). Never used a fist since I was 19 (27 years ago).

smoker71
06-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Farkars must go down. Name, county and the state and I may be of some assistance.... wrong is wrong.

michiana mark
06-05-2008, 01:25 AM
God has willed that through his infinite wisdom, with the loss of this pit, that it should be replaced by a WSM. Hurry, before it's gone.:-P

Countryhb
06-05-2008, 03:42 AM

This cat that stole your smoker, I say... Bless him and his family, wish him good times and great meals on a great unit. Ask the man upstairs that every time he cooks on it that he is reminded that there is a God that wants to forgive him.

Ya never know, at the end of the party, when it's all over, y'all may be sitting at the same table in heaven grabbing for the same rib. I’m my mind, that's what it's all about.

You can say well, if it happed to you you'd be pissed to, well... It did happed to me, I had a $25,000.00 trailer stolen that had warmers, refers, chafing dishes, generators utensils - the whole 9... I was angry for about 6 min. Then I started laughing. What else was I gonna do... I prayed for the guy right there. Since then, My catering business has taken off, I won ST place at a little contest and I am getting into doing festivals. I am glad that this person has it and I really do hope that they can benefit from it the way that I wanted to.

I can't tell if you're a bleeding heart liberal, a religious zealot nut, or a pansy, but stealing is wrong!

You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour

Ya, I should be happy and pray that he is happy. Nah...I prefer the old eye for an eye.

Patrick's BBQ
06-05-2008, 06:05 AM
"I can't tell if you're a bleeding heart liberal, a religious zealot nut, or a pansy, but stealing is wrong!"

I'll tell you what man, I have not made any negative comments about you nor suggested that you were a bad person or questioned your character. I was only offering my advice that you had essentially asked for by posting in this forum.

If you don’t like my advice, fine, no offence taken, we are all different people and deal with stuff in different ways.

However, to make these statements is outa line and uncalled for.

If you read my posting I clearly state that I’m not condoning stealing ANYTHING!!

Its a smoker, get over yourself. If you wana pout cuz the world is unfair go for it but don’t take it out on the folks around you.

And sure I'll be a “Religious Zealot Nut”. But if you wana see how much of a pansy I am come on down to Beavercreek, Ohio and find out... If you need directions go to my website... I can either invite you to a little concrete or dinner or both for that matter.

Don’t go making assumptions bro... All I was saying is that vengeance is God's and if we let Him do His job ours is a whole lot easier and usually much less painful.

JeffW
06-05-2008, 06:45 AM
As they say down here in Texas, "That just ain't right". Good wuppin might do the fella some good. It is after all a BBQ Pit. :-D

MattCom
06-05-2008, 07:25 AM
"I can't tell if you're a bleeding heart liberal, a religious zealot nut, or a pansy, but stealing is wrong!"

I'll tell you what man, I have not made any negative comments about you nor suggested that you were a bad person or questioned your character. I was only offering my advice that you had essentially asked for by posting in this forum.

If you don’t like my advice, fine, no offence taken, we are all different people and deal with stuff in different ways.

However, to make these statements is outa line and uncalled for.

If you read my posting I clearly state that I’m not condoning stealing ANYTHING!!

Its a smoker, get over yourself. If you wana pout cuz the world is unfair go for it but don’t take it out on the folks around you.

And sure I'll be a “Religious Zealot Nut”. But if you wana see how much of a pansy I am come on down to Beavercreek, Ohio and find out... If you need directions go to my website... I can either invite you to a little concrete or dinner or both for that matter.

Don’t go making assumptions bro... All I was saying is that vengeance is God's and if we let Him do His job ours is a whole lot easier and usually much less painful.

You'll forgive a guy for stealing your stuff, Okay I got it.
Yet you want to assult someone who says you MAY be a pansy?

Patrick's BBQ
06-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I dont want to assult anyone!!! To make general statments and call a fellow brother names is not called for. I did however invite him to get to know me a little better...

Cabntmkr1
06-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about that, bro!:eek::cry:
I don't blame you for being upset.
I hope you can find him and get it back!

Divemaster
06-05-2008, 08:47 AM
^^^^ What he said (twice over)

BBQ Grail
06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey guys, let's just chill out here. This isn't called for between members of the forum.

Thanks...

ComputerMike
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
The worst part about the whole thing is it changes how you live. You'll be stuck thinking "is this going to get stolen?" whenever something isn't locked up.

Mokin Bandit
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I dont want to assult anyone!!! To make general statments and call a fellow brother names is not called for. I did however invite him to get to know me a little better...

3 things you will never touch without me giving you one hell of an @ss whoopin...

My wife
My kids
My BBQ grills

Although I will have to admit the first 2 require a much more serious beating.

BBQchef33
06-05-2008, 09:22 AM
ADMIN NOTE..

Drop the chit storm guys.. Keep it civil and lighthearted or the thread disappears.

zabor16
06-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Check your local scrap yards, metal prices are ridiculously high right now and people are turning all sorts of stuff in. I work for a scrap recycling company and we have the police onsite almost daily with complaints about stolen items.

The bad side to this is by now it might be crushed or cut up.

Single Fin Smoker
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Ey Country- Tell you what, I'll read bible verses aloud while you deliver the hand of God to that farker that stole your offset.

Um.......Country is the wrong guy to be stealing chit from.

Grillman40
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I was just thinkin the same thing! Maybe a bit safer to run down and steal a cop car.....

Sorry to hear ya got ripped off dude...sucks

Timmy
06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
String him up..it'll teach em a lesson.
Did you file a missing smoker report? We are in mourning here at the BBQ2 house. I hearby offer my MIL as a reward for the safe return of your smoker.

RevZiLLa
06-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear this! I guess I'm going to start chaining things down. If you see those guys around, call the cops

Jeff_in_KC
06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Can't find it anywhere but there USED to be one main rule for our forum: A brother will NEVER go off on a brother. Ever.

Both of you guys are relatively new here but just as a suggestion, you might want to heed this rule. There have been a few times I've been pissed off at someone here but I'm not going to go ape chit publicly and threaten anyone. And if those I was pissed at needed me to have their back somewhere, regardless of my feelings at that time, I'd be there for them. We're brothers. Hope this helps...

NotleyQue
06-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I covet my neighbors ox.

In this day and age is that wrong.

I can't tell if you're a bleeding heart liberal, a religious zealot nut, or a pansy, but stealing is wrong!

You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour

Ya, I should be happy and pray that he is happy. Nah...I prefer the old eye for an eye.

BBQ Bandit
06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Can't find it anywhere but there USED to be one main rule for our forum: A brother will NEVER go off on a brother. Ever.

It was Poobah himself... posted under the "New member forum" ... please note the last sentence. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14685

"We have an international demographic.
Racism, slurs, prejudice, bigotry, vulgarity is FORBIDDEN. We are a BBQ group with friends around. You have NO IDEA who is in the room until u meet them. Common decency and common courtesy overrules freedom of speech in this forum. Period. You attack another member or group, your are out of here."

Mad Max
06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
That is horrible. These thieves must pay dearly.

CaptGrumpy
06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
God has willed that through his infinite wisdom, with the loss of this pit, that it should be replaced by a WSM. Hurry, before it's gone.:-P

Are you out of your farkin' mind???:-P It MUST be replaced with a Large Big Green Egg!:cool::cool::cool:

Single Fin Smoker
06-08-2008, 11:17 PM
String him up..it'll teach em a lesson.
Did you file a missing smoker report? We are in mourning here at the BBQ2 house. I hearby offer my MIL as a reward for the safe return of your smoker.

Hey Timmy, whats your MIL look like?

Maybe we can hook her up with Country.

Countryhb
06-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Both of you guys are relatively new here but just as a suggestion, you might want to heed this rule. There have been a few times I've been pissed off at someone here but I'm not going to go ape chit publicly and threaten anyone. And if those I was pissed at needed me to have their back somewhere, regardless of my feelings at that time, I'd be there for them. We're brothers. Hope this helps...

Ya, I appreciate your interest, but this was dropped a long time ago.

Countryhb
06-09-2008, 01:07 PM
It was Poobah himself... posted under the "New member forum" ... please note the last sentence. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14685

"We have an international demographic.
Racism, slurs, prejudice, bigotry, vulgarity is FORBIDDEN. We are a BBQ group with friends around. You have NO IDEA who is in the room until u meet them. Common decency and common courtesy overrules freedom of speech in this forum. Period. You attack another member or group, your are out of here."

Again, this issue was dropped some time ago. But I will definitely remember that you pointed that out the next time you call for some advice on your build.

Countryhb
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Why can't people leave well enough alone? We (I) was warned on the first page and I left it alone.

big brother smoke
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Why can't people leave well enough alone? We (I) was warned on the first page and I left it alone.

Because U offended me, U farker!:mad::biggrin::tongue:

Countryhb
06-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Because U offended me, U farker!:mad::biggrin::tongue:
Some of them "girls" you're going out with are offensive...lineman!!

big brother smoke
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
U just jealous (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/04/04/alist.brigid/index.html) :cool:

Norcoredneck
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Are you calling Stef a bottom feeder?
http://www.outdooralabama.com/watchable-wildlife/images/Channel%20Catfish.jpg

big brother smoke
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
You too are jealous

Countryhb
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
We're just hatin'...