PDA

View Full Version : Egg salad vs Adam tonight

Ashmont
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Funny thing happened at scout camp this weekend. Actually a couple of events but that will be another thread. On the way to cub scout camp stop for gas a a soda. Adam says " Dad can I get a sandwich? Sure so at the quicky mart he goes over and picks out a maybe slightly fresh egg salad sandwich. I am OMG thinking I like them but not sure you will yet. He insisted so I said "Lets get it". Man he loved it so much that coming home he wanted to stop and get another. Uhm $3.28 well cant say no to him. (Dad Bonding mod) but we can share the sandwich. So now guess what Adams feature pr0n gonna be tonight. Yup egg salad sandwich. Any good recipes anyone want to share? I have a basic one. I figured that I could suggest while making the egg salad that next time lets smoke some chicken and make smoked chicken salad. I let you all know what he says.

CaptGrumpy
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
No recipe just open the fridge and add whatever I feel the urge for.
I usually chop some green onions, add dill relish, finely chopped celery, sometimes smoked chicken, a little dry mustard, mayo or miracle Whip, a splash of garlic Tabasco sauce, and a little celery salt and fresh ground pepper. Fresh hard boiled eggs of course.
I have to stop because i am making myself hungry and this liquid diet till tomorrow is killing me!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Oops. forgot the splash of paprika!

Markbb
06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Funny thing happened at scout camp this weekend. Actually a couple of events but that will be another thread. On the way to cub scout camp stop for gas a a soda. Adam says " Dad can I get a sandwich? Sure so at the quicky mart he goes over and picks out a maybe slightly fresh egg salad sandwich. I am OMG thinking I like them but not sure you will yet. He insisted so I said "Lets get it". Man he loved it so much that coming home he wanted to stop and get another. Uhm $3.28 well cant say no to him. (Dad Bonding mod) but we can share the sandwich. So now guess what Adams feature pr0n gonna be tonight. Yup egg salad sandwich. Any good recipes anyone want to share? I have a basic one. I figured that I could suggest while making the egg salad that next time lets smoke some chicken and make smoked chicken salad. I let you all know what he says.Or just smoke some eggs not all of them just one or two and make a smoked egg salad sandwich....

bbqbull
06-02-2008, 12:44 PM
For a change of pace try some shredded cheddar cheese!

Squeeze
06-02-2008, 04:05 PM
For an even more fun change of pace, make your egg salad, then cook some thick Bacon. Toast your bread, spread some egg salad on the toast, put the thick cooked bacon on top then add a litle cheddar.....oh man.....

N8man
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
EggSalad and Fritos is just the Best....Scoop it up and Eat it up!!!:-D

bbqbull
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Celery seeds mixed into the egg salad would be great also.

OSD
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Celery seeds and maybe some chunks of smoked chicken.

tonto1117
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
When the mood hits there ain't nothing like a good old fashion egg salad sandwich!! Mmmm.... now it's on the must make this week list!!

wnkt
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I feel deprived...I ever put in it was pickle relish and mustard/mayo.

watertowerbbq
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
mine is pretty simple. i use 1 Tbsp of Miracle Whip Light for each egg. then just a touch of plain yellow mustard. simple. awesome! :grin:

watertowerbbq
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
BTW.........where's the pron?

wlh3
06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Put some pickled jalapenos in it ......awesome8-)

Norcoredneck
06-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Hey Adam we need pics!