PDA

View Full Version : To the Bros that did ** A Pretty Good Barbecue **

BBQchef33
05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Tonight is prom night.. I am catching up on posts and setting aside the work in the back room.

I have just read the thread from Pretty good Barbecue

Curt, Harbormaster, smokeandbeer, BBQ Bubba, Spydermike, chinesebob, ZBQ.... and I hope I didnt miss anyone. I have to say this in a separate post from your threads.

I am honored

I am proud

I am privileged

to be associated with guys like you. What you did at PGB epitomizes the Spirit of The Brethren. The sharing, the brotherhood, the blessing that can be brought to a family through a cloud of sweet blue.

You guys are great. What an awesome job and an unbelievable showing.. I'm happy when I put a smile on a single face, you guy did it for hundreds. i only wish I was able to make it to things like this around the country.... But until I become either retired, or hit the lottery.. I'm happy to live it thru guys like you.

From all of us here, thanks for what you did. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Smokin Gator
05-23-2008, 05:29 AM
I couldn't agree more!!!! That was a great thing you guys did and I am proud to be associated with you all!!

Rick's Tropical Delight
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
phil, here's the lineup:

front row, left to right:
harbormaster, divemaster, bbq bubba, spydermike72, smokeandbeer,

back row:
patrick's bbq, cmcadams, zbq, chinese bob, and rick's tropical delight

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/apgb/apgbII-034.jpg

i was the press :biggrin:

BBQchef33
05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
holy chit!!!! I only saw the short list from the 'contest' entry/results..

didnt realize theres a whole slew of you guys. Sorry i missed it in the first round.. i just finished going thru the PrON thread.. great pictures too... figures, having rick and curt doing food pron in the a same place.

have 206 unread threads last night to catch up with.

farkin amazing job guys.. hats off and beer glasses raised to ya all.

Sledneck
05-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Tonight is prom night.. I am catching up on posts and setting aside the work in the back room.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clapDid your tuxedo have ruffles & a big bow tie?:tongue:

n-2-que
05-23-2008, 09:20 AM
aye great job, for a great cause

Harbormaster
05-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I knew going in that it was going to be a toss up whether the folks in Dayton would get the bigger blessing or if I would.

I WIN! I WIN!

What a spectacular bunch of guys I got to spend the weekend with!

Norcoredneck
05-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Did your tuxedo have ruffles & a big bow tie?:tongue:
You kidding, we all know he dressed to the 9's
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/11028.jpg

Bbq Bubba
05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
holy chit!!!! I only saw the short list from the 'contest' entry/results..

didnt realize theres a whole slew of you guys. Sorry i missed it in the first round.. i just finished going thru the PrON thread.. great pictures too... figures, having rick and curt doing food pron in the a same place.

have 206 unread threads last night to catch up with.

farkin amazing job guys.. hats off and beer glasses raised to ya all.

Thank's Phil.
I think it was brought up over the scotch how you actually had a hand in all this! :twisted:
Were all here because of a lil mispelled word (snot mod) and without this forum, none of us would have ever had the chance to do this let alone hook up with such a GREAT group of people!!
Thank's again for all YOU do and have done! :wink:

Patrick's BBQ
05-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I've said it before, this will mark a place in time for me forever. I learnd so much, I was blessed by so many, its just amazing.

All the guys in the pic were fantastic and even the ones that were not in the pic. Of course I had some chit given to me about the dang lighter fluid... Im tellin ya, it's just cologne...

Great bonding, breat blessing, great food, everything was just wonderful.

Harbormaster
05-23-2008, 02:37 PM
FYI -
Since my church helped get down there to do this, they have asked that I let the congregation in on what happened.
I have printed some of the comments from all of you in the numerous threads and will read them at worship on Sunday.
The blessing we all got will spread to the people I love at my church!

smokeandbeer
05-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Thank's Phil.
I think it was brought up over the scotch how you actually had a hand in all this! :twisted:
Were all here because of a lil mispelled word (snot mod) and without this forum, none of us would have ever had the chance to do this let alone hook up with such a GREAT group of people!!
Thank's again for all YOU do and have done! :wink:

I second everything that Bubba said. It was a very emotional and reflective weekend for me personally, because I was able to combine my passion for Q with serving in God's name, meet some of the finest people I have ever met and cook up some great Q with them, as well as have my biggest buddy in the whole world by my side. With that I will post one more time (gratuitous mod) my favorite photo from the weekend (He was very proud of his new hat and 3rd place ribbon)...

Thanks to all who were there (you are the greatest bunch of guys I have had the privilege to serve with), Phil for giving us the vehicle that allowed us to not only meet but to serve those in need, Curt for having the vision and determination to put this together, and the entire Brethren crew for sending prayers to carry us through.

And Harbormaster, I look forward to seeing you again, so we can compare how powerful last weekend was to determine who the real winner was. I think I can give you a run for your money on that....:-D

bbqbull
05-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I am also very proud of the brethren members who made the voyage to do an awesome thing for mankind.
I had a prior commitment which I did keep, but my heart was in Dayton Ohio with the group of folks who did make it. We educated 26 students into Hunters Saftey. This is what held me up from attending.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart for everyone who pulled off this amazing feat.
If things work out next year, I will attend and lend a hand.
God Bless all of you.

biffleg
05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Very well said Phil! Way to go brothers!

MAB52
05-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I have been reeding along and feel very honored to belong to this forum. It is hard for me to put in words all that I want, so I will not blabber along here and just say Thanks!!!
Thanks for sharing your time!!
Thanks for sharing your talents!!!
Thanks for sharing your love!!
Thanks for sharing your faith!!
Thanks for sharing pictures!!
What a blessing!!!
Mike

The_Kapn
05-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Great Job Guys!

Proud of y'all.

TIM

chinesebob
05-24-2008, 08:12 AM
It was a great time, but Patrick's BBQ username has to be changed to Cedar and Lighter Fluid. - It was unanimously decided at the bash.

Thanks Pooh

Spydermike72
05-24-2008, 08:40 AM
It was a great time, but Patrick's BBQ username has to be changed to Cedar and Lighter Fluid. - It was unanimously decided at the bash.

Thanks Pooh

Yep, either that or Matchlite, I think we all about bum rushed him when we saw the lighter fluid (Yikes!!!) :shock::shock:

Just messing with you Patrick!!

cmcadams
05-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I am still humbled that guys showed up to cook... And to set the record straight, we served 1250 sandwiches in under 45 minutes, 1400 cans of pop or bottles of water. The church does a Thursday breakfast, and they had well over 200 people for the first time, since a lot of the neighborhood found out about the church last Sunday. God's hand was in what we were doing, and you all handled the whole weekend so well. There will be a 2nd annual event next year; plan on the same weekend if you want to come. It will be bigger, badder, better and even more blessings will be seen.

cmcadams
05-25-2008, 11:52 AM
And, Phil, lest I forget... It was the site that gave me the vehicle to get people together, but even more so, the great group of people here that allowed it to happen.

Monty
05-25-2008, 12:30 PM
once again.. i salute all of you! well said phil.

jestridge
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Thank for helping to spread God kindess around. not enough of that these days.

MilitantSquatter
05-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Well said Phil !!!

Nice job guys !!!

The Pigman
05-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Patrick if you go to kettring I may have to join you with that cologne.........

I've said it before, this will mark a place in time for me forever. I learnd so much, I was blessed by so many, its just amazing.

All the guys in the pic were fantastic and even the ones that were not in the pic. Of course I had some chit given to me about the dang lighter fluid... Im tellin ya, it's just cologne...

Great bonding, breat blessing, great food, everything was just wonderful.

Rick's Tropical Delight
05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
check this photo album **click** (http://rickstropicaldelight.com/PhotoAlbums/apgb/index.html)

no lighter fluid allowed! :shock:

Harbormaster
05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
And to set the record straight, we served 1250 sandwiches in under 45 minutes, 1400 cans of pop or bottles of water. DUDE! Are you serious! That's 25% more than we thought!
God's hand was in what we were doing, and you all handled the whole weekend so well. I read some of the comments from the site here to my congregation on Sunday. They were thrilled with what they heard! There will be a 2nd annual event next year; plan on the same weekend if you want to come. It will be bigger, badder, better and even more blessings will be seen. I'm not done seeing the blessings from this one!

WannaBeBBQueen
05-27-2008, 07:18 AM
You guys rock!! Great job!!:biggrin: