PDA

View Full Version : Rust on cooking grate. Fix or throw away?

ewile
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Opened up my Weber One Touch this evening and was surprised to find that some rust had formed on my cooking grate overnight. (It rained and the top vents must not have been completely shut)

Anyway, is there a way that I can remove the rust or is it time to get a new cooking grate.

Thanks!

BBQ Grail
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Right or wrong I wouldn't throw it away for a "little" rust. I'd hit with the wire brush, heat it up and oil it down.

JimT
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Ditto!

JimT

Solidkick
05-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Right or wrong I wouldn't throw it away for a "little" rust. I'd hit with the wire brush, heat it up and oil it down.

If that info ain't worth 5 bucks, I'll kiss your boot.....:cool:

ewile
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Thank you sir.

schoonch
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
It ain't worth crap now -- toss it. Being ecologically minded, I would hate to see it tie up land fill space, so I would be happy to stop by, take it off your hands and recycle it into something useful (like a bird bath or UDS). Just trying to do my part to help Mother Earth :)

Solidkick
05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
It ain't worth crap now -- toss it. Being ecologically minded, I would hate to see it tie up land fill space, so I would be happy to stop by, take it off your hands and recycle it into something useful (like a bird bath or UDS). Just trying to do my part to help Mother Earth :)

Oh no....another Generation Y member.....:twisted:

BBQ Grail
05-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh no....another Generation Y member.....:twisted:

Actually Kick, he isn't really here at all. He's been a member for almost three years and never made it to "Cattle Call" to formally introduce himself.

Go figure...