PDA

View Full Version : Mens Club

Brewmaster
04-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

The Men's Club at church wants to have a BBQ this summer for the public to raise some money for the school. I assume some people on here have done some similar events like this. I have a few questions if you don't mind helping a brother out. I think we have picked our location on the corner of a pretty busy intersection. If you have done this before I'm curious what you served. Being is St. Louis I don think I have a choice, I have to do some pork steaks. I was also think about pulled pork, brats, and burgers. And maybe throw in some BBQ sundaes. Everyone wants to do ribs but, I told them I will only do them if we have them sold before the event. My second question is about the amount of food. How may people do I plan to feed? Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Nate

dmprantz
04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I'd recommend you talk to Ashmont. He's local and does a church cook annually. Which corner? Let us know if you need help cooking....or drinking.

dmp

River City Smokehouse
04-24-2008, 11:07 PM
:biggrin: Can I help?

Brewmaster
04-24-2008, 11:15 PM
:biggrin: Can I help?

I'll put you in charge of the hotdogs.

wnkt
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Might want to consider the chance that people get sick like here http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/483007.html
Local firefighters had a bbq to raise money for a charity and 70 people got sick.

Food poisoning from the Tega Cay Volunteer Fire Department's March 30 charity barbecue probably originated during the meat's cooling process, officials with the state Department of Health and Environmental Control said Friday after identifying the bacteria that caused it.

Brewmaster
04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks. Every time I cook I always consider proper food handling procedures. It scares that hell out of me that some people don't understand how serious of an issue it is.

Might want to consider the chance that people get sick like here http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/483007.html
Local firefighters had a bbq to raise money for a charity and 70 people got sick.

Ashmont
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I will be more than glad to help... You know my way which is different than selling to general public. Let me know. Oh please let RCS at least do dishes too!:eek::eek::evil::evil:

BBQ_MAFIA
04-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Good luck with your event.
Be sure to post some pics.

CritterCook
04-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Get in touch with me if you need any help!:grin::grin:

Brewmaster
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I might need someone to do the chicken. :eek::eek:

Get in touch with me if you need any help!:grin::grin: