PDA

View Full Version : turkey sausage pizza

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM
had some left over turkey sausage i smoked on monday so on the pizza it went! :biggrin:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/pizza/18apr08-050.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/pizza/18apr08-052.jpg

ZILLA
04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Rick, I swear when I go to Ohio this summer I'm going to show up at dinner time bro. That looks amazing.

Norcoredneck
04-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Looks great as usual. Why legs under stone and not flat on platesetter?

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Rick, once again, not only did you make something that just plain sounds awesome, but the pics show just how freaking awesome it really is. I wish I could taste it.

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Looks great as usual. Why legs under stone and not flat on platesetter?

that's a good question and the best response i have is it's to create an air gap so the stone heats evenly and is protected from direct transfer of heat from the plate setter. actually, i saw someone else do it and i've been doing it ever since.

this one was done a little hotter than i usually do pizzas at around 480 degrees dome for about 18 minutes. and it's the krogers premade crust again.

so much for the diet :biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-18-2008, 10:55 PM
here's a dramatic sliced shot!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/pizza/18apr08-055.jpg

it was pretty good, but the turkey sausage had a weird kinda texture... maybe i put too much on there

Norcoredneck
04-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Noticed the exotic brews are missing, Tea totalling? :biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Noticed the exotic brews are missing, Tea totalling? :biggrin:

drinking too much beer was killing me. i already had my daily allotment by the time i made the pizza, so the ice water just wasn't sexy enuf for the photo

BBQ Grail
04-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Friday Pizza Night!

Yup, gotta love Rick's pizza.

The Pigman
04-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Rick I just may have to set up camp next to you in Kettering

butts a fire
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok that does it I am buying a pizza stone for the weber (would be an egg but I haven't talked the wife into that yet).

Looks great as always.

JD McGee
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Lookin' good bro...did you make your own sausage? :biggrin:

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Lookin' good bro...did you make your own sausage? :biggrin:

nope. krogers turkey sausage was on sale.

JD McGee
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
nope. krogers turkey sausage was on sale.

That'll work! :-P

Bearbonez
04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Ok that does it I am buying a pizza stone for the weber (would be an egg but I haven't talked the wife into that yet).

Looks great as always.

I've been using ceramic tile for a long time for a pizza stone. It works great and a lot cheaper.

sterlingsmoker
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Where do ya get a pizza stone or a ceramic tile?? Got any pics as well.

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Where do ya get a pizza stone or a ceramic tile?? Got any pics as well.

norco posted about a pizza stone and peel combo at linen&things for $15 the other day... i saw the set at the local l&t and the box said 400-600 degrees. i almost got it. i think i'll go back and get one later.

i got all of my pizza stones at big green egg stores. check local builder supply stores for unglazed ceramic tiles

Kevin Garceau
04-20-2008, 09:53 AM
for any of the stoneware you want....tell your wives to go to a "pampered chef" party. Its a cookware line, kinda spendy on some things, but other things are just flat out awesome.

My wife is a dealer, you can get pizza stones, stone bread tins, muffin tins, baking hearths.... actually I may have all the names wrong. But we do most of our cooking and baking here in stone of some type. The beer bread from the stones is the best.... every time you use the bread tin it keeps coming out better tasting as you dont wash them, you season them first, then just remove the heavy stuff.....

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-20-2008, 10:00 AM
for any of the stoneware you want....tell your wives to go to a "pampered chef" party. Its a cookware line, kinda spendy on some things, but other things are just flat out awesome.

My wife is a dealer, you can get pizza stones, stone bread tins, muffin tins, baking hearths.... actually I may have all the names wrong. But we do most of our cooking and baking here in stone of some type. The beer bread from the stones is the best.... every time you use the bread tin it keeps coming out better tasting as you dont wash them, you season them first, then just remove the heavy stuff.....

i've read about a lot of pampered chef pizza stones that cracked in big green eggs. is there a max temperature listed for those??

Kevin Garceau
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
hmmm thats a great question....no idea.

It doesnt give a max heat rating that I see....just says not to use under broiler and not to use over direct heat source, which shouldnt be an issue Q'ing. I guess since she gets them at cost I will have to do some guinea piggin

sterlingsmoker
04-20-2008, 10:28 AM
norco posted about a pizza stone and peel combo at linen&things for $15 the other day... i saw the set at the local l&t and the box said 400-600 degrees. i almost got it. i think i'll go back and get one later.

i got all of my pizza stones at big green egg stores. check local builder supply stores for unglazed ceramic tiles

Thanks for the info!

Dr_KY
04-20-2008, 10:31 AM
hmmm thats a great question....no idea.

just says not to use over direct heat source, which shouldnt be an issue Q'ing.

Not good on the egg or grill then.