PDA

View Full Version : What are you Farkers cookin' this weekend? 04/18-04/20

smokeandbeer
04-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm off today, so I'll get it started. Have to work this weekend so got a limited menu planned. My Ground Beef/Sausage burgers for lunch, some Pulled Pork for dinner tonight from a 4 lb Pork Tenderloin going on the smoker in an hour or so, Egg, Bacon and Cheese sammies for breakfast tomorrow, French Toast on Sunday, and Monday is a toss up at this point. Will post pics of the Tenderloin as the day goes on, and will be visiting Spice's early today :mrgreen:

FatDaddy
04-18-2008, 08:25 AM
i picked up 3 chuck roasts on sale so im definitly having some chopped bbq sammichs, and i think we are doing steak night tomorrow. possibly bone in ribeyes. other than that im reading hamlet for school and putting new brake pads on my truck when i get off work saturday morning.

River City Smokehouse
04-18-2008, 08:40 AM
This weekend I am cooking for a fund raiser for a 6th grade class. They pre-sold slabs of ribs to raise funds to pay for their class trip to Chicago. I will be cooking 300:roll: slabs of spares (KC style) tonight at about midnight. I think we have our work cut out for us. People will come tomorrow and pick them up at the grocery store parking lot.
I should be able to get these done in two batches.

chad
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm doing chicken for about 20 people. Pot luck picnic for the Sunday School class.

Last weekend I did pork butt, beans and slaw for 200. That was a long 36 hours! Well worth it though. It was for a man's 100th birthday.

jdub
04-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Something is going on the new kettle ring rotisserie. Don't even know what yet, but some poor creature is going to get a pretty stout steel rod shoved up his bum!

Cre-B-Ce
04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I will be doing pastrami on the egg Sunday, may do some burgers Saturday.

chuckswagonbbq
04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I am cooking for my son's baseball assoc. I am cooking 80 pound of pulled pork, hameburgers and hot dogs for Opening Day.

Smokin Gator
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Today is Friday so that means it is steak night at my house!! I am cooking three butts, 7 racks of BBs, and three racks of spares for a small pick up job.

jeffjenkins1
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm doing spicy island ribs for Sunday school class. Along with potato salad and beans.

Jeff

Ashmont
04-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Just puttin on 8 butts...... Stocking up the freeze for later.... pics to follow!

Nitrofly
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
well I have to work this weekend
but I mixed up a bunch of fatties
last night and I have some Buffalo
ribs in a couple of marinades I plan
to smoke them early next week..
my weekend is when you are working :mad:

my teammates are in Salisbury this weekend
and i'm working :frown:

Fredbird
04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm getting together with Spice tomorrow to do a little cooking. We are going to do three racks of spares and whatever else might come to mind. A little experimenting may be in order!:biggrin:

Jack2u2
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Going to a cook-off Saturday, so I'll eat whatever is laying around. I'm not cooking, but helping out. Sunday will be ribs, since my wife came home with a couple of slabs, put them in front of me and asked "what should we cook Sunday?".

billm
04-18-2008, 10:33 AM
First brisket of the year actually..found an 8 lb flat in the bottom of my chest freezer..nice surprise..i forgot it was even in there
..probably practice on chicken as well as long as the fire is lit

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
competition practice, over nighter!!! 1 8#butt, 1 13#packer, 1 slab trimmed to St. Louis style, 12 thighs. starting Saturday night at around 10pm shooting for actual turn in times. 12,1230,1,130
then I get to eat it all , my wife is out of town!!!yummy!!!

Harbormaster
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Leaving this afternoon to take two of my boys to their last wrestling tournament of the year and spending the night there.

If anything it'll just be something on the grill Sunday after church.

PimpSmoke
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Nursing the ramainder of my "inidentified ilness" I've had since last Saturday, which includes a lovely:

103.9 deg fever
Rash
aches
chills
Red Hot Lava Flows (nupercanal!)

And a bonus splitting headache!! Especially when I cough.

Doctors are clueless they have tested me twice for measles and both came negative, so.

Maybe brined pork loin on the grill Sunday, but thats about it. Since I haven't been eating it should be marvelously delicious.

smokinvic
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Making a few racks of spare ribs on Sunday, thinking of putting a couple of Tri-tip on there also. I was hoping to have my smoker completed, maybe between tonight and tomorrow to cook on it on Sunday. I am keeping fingers crossed, what with little league baseball controlling life right now.... Otherwise, I will continue to Q on kettle grill. Sa-Weeeeeeeeeet. Have an awesome weekend kiddos! Hope that brined pork loin helps your illness pimp.... Get better man!!

hcarter
04-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Out of desperation, I asked my wife to pick up some chuckies on the way home. She got four!! First cook for me....Oh and I'll have pics.

Harbormaster
04-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Nursing the ramainder of my "inidentified ilness" I've had since last Saturday, which includes a lovely:

103.9 deg fever
Rash
aches
chills

He may be sick, but he's BAAAAACK!
Good to hear from you, friend!

big brother smoke
04-18-2008, 11:20 AM
90lbs. of pork butts, 8 slabs of ribs, 2 flats and 4 chicken halves. Wishland Competition and People's Choice Vending!

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 11:20 AM
A brisket, one butt for smoking, one for BBB cure, a ham, a chuck roast, fatties, brats, maybe some other sausages, maybe some pig candy, maybe some beans, maybe, maybe, maybe...

dmprantz
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I'll be smoking a brisket this weekend. Took one out of the deep freeze the other day, and it needs to be cooked and carved by sun down Saturday night. Will weigh it tonight and decide if that means start it late tonight or early tomorow. Planning to remove about half the point before I cook it to make a pot roast.

dmp

Midnight Smoke
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Doing a couple Butts and maybe some wings.

frankenswine
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Doing some thighs,wings and some ribs for fthe UFC fight on Saturday.

Bearbonez
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Going to be windy all weekend, so will have to cook indoors again. Hopefully next weekend will be calm, or we get some rain before then.

PimpSmoke
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
He may be sick, but he's BAAAAACK!
Good to hear from you, friend!

Nice to be able to pop in here every so often lately!

Cheers Bro!

Tinybud
04-18-2008, 12:14 PM
We'll be cooking for a benefit for a friend of ours that lost his foot and part of his leg to diabetes. Got a 200lb pig going on tonight around 8pm, and 160 pounds of chicken to do in the morning, plus 4 gallons of beans, past and macaroni salad.. be busy, but fun. I'll try and get some good pics of the piggy.

Pipin' Pig
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
A butt on Saturday while I knock off some Honey Dos and possible a beer can chicken on Sunday night.

Dale P
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Cooking a packer and some spares Sunday.

Pitbull
04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Taking the motorhome to Texoma to spend the weekend camping and playing with my wife. Plan on making a big Chicken-Andouille-Okra gumbo on the campfire cooking set up I recently got. http://forum.texasbbqrub.com/images/smilies/drool5.gif And, do a little fishing off of the bank. Of course walk to dogs a lot...Should be a hoot.

Solidkick
04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm getting together with Spice tomorrow to do a little cooking. We are going to do three racks of spares and whatever else might come to mind. A little experimenting may be in order!:biggrin:
Too bad he doesn't have his new medium for home use built yet!

hcarter
04-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Alright, I'm a dumb farker!! I've tried to post my pics today...No Joy. I know that they are uploaded to the Official Photobucket Page...but I don't know which code to pick? Any help?

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
OK, I picked up a few things today to cook this weekend.:biggrin: WSM #1 is fired up now and coming up to temp.

Kidcurry73
04-18-2008, 06:32 PM
The UDS is not done, but I plan on grilling some T-Bones tonight on the old Weber Kettle.

Bob S
04-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I just picked up 2 butts. They'll go on the WSM around 10 tonight. :-D

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I put on the first things a little over an hour and a half ago. I started with 2 Chuck Roasts with different rubs, Lynch BBQ Steak Shaker (thanks Bryan) and a rub whose name I do not know but was a special preview from Billy Bones BBQ, some sort of Chile rub, it is real dark colored and has a smokey smell, when I first smelt it I thought it might be tobacco!:shock: A pinch sure tastes good though.

I also tossed on a Hard Salami, 3 Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausages, and a Braunschweiger rubbed with Billy Bones Competition Blend rub. I have lots of various rubs in the house, as do many of us, and I have made it my mission to use them all!

Here's a pic of the things before they went on the smoker. My wife took the camera with her, so this was taken with my camera phone. Sorry if quality isn't up to snob snuff.:biggrin:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/bigabyte/2008_04_18/BeforeChuckSausage.jpg

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 10:39 PM
The Braunschweiger was ready. It was so soft it could not hold up to it's own weight when pulling off the smoker, so it fell apart and looks mutilated. I should have put it in a pan, then it could have cooled and firmed back up in it's original shape. It tastes good! The rub added some spice. This would be awesome stuffed with cream cheese, onion, maybe some jalapeno....

Again, sorry about pic quality. I can't really do much with a camera phone, no tripod or anything!:biggrin:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/bigabyte/2008_04_18/AfterBraunschweiger.jpg

ZILLA
04-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I'll be doing practice comp. chicken all weekend and then vac packing for future dinners. Also finishing my boys tree house. :-D

Samkat93
04-18-2008, 11:20 PM
My neighbor's dad came in town to help fix a fence that blew down in a recent storm. Going to cook for him and his family and invite the neighbors over for some baby backs, brisket, and some fatty's.

bigabyte
04-18-2008, 11:58 PM
The Hard Salami and Smoked Sausage are done. Man, my pix still suck. At least I can blame the camera phone, but my guess is even with the good camera they would still stink!:lol:

Here is a pic of the Hard Salami. I let it rest about 10 minutes then sliced off the blackened endcap to get a glimpse inside. The taste is similar to Beef Stcks and Summer Sausages I have tossed on the smoker. I am going to chill it overnight in the fridge and slice with a meat slicer tomorrow. Hopefully I did not just create a big smoked Beef Stick, because I can get those much cheaper than Hard Salami!:shock:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/bigabyte/2008_04_18/AfterHardSalami.jpg

pne123
04-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Nothing. The wife is doing a software deployment for work so she will be working 20hr days so i will be watching the toddlers. hand have to do my side work while they are sleeping. might grill some burgers after they go to sleep but nothing fun.

I have they guys at work addicted to smoked spam. I have not done any in 2 weeks and they are starting to rebel so I may try to sneak some on sunday.

bigabyte
04-19-2008, 12:19 AM
I have they guys at work addicted to smoked spam. I have not done any in 2 weeks and they are starting to rebel so I may try to sneak some on sunday.
LOL! That stuff is surprisingly addictive!:lol:

pne123
04-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Yea. I smoke it the hell out of it till it firms up. when it is cold it about like summer sausage. I liked it sliced nuked for 8sec then on a cracker. some at work like it cold. I have tried adding a rub to it but I just like it naked.

bigabyte
04-19-2008, 01:48 AM
So the chucks hit 210 and I was able to pull a piece off the edge pretty easily. Well, seems I found the one edge that did pull that easily. So I had chucks that were not "quite" pullable, at least not without more effort than should be required. Well, this is no problem really, because they were at a point that I could easily seperate the muscle from the fat. So I pulled off each chunk of muscle, then pinched around the edges trimming off any fat, then diced it up , put it in a pan, sprinkled with a good dose of Plowboy's Yardbird, then put back on the smoker. Why Yardbird???? Why not???

OK, now for the photos. See below for all the photos I remembered to take.:lol:

Lakeside Smoker
04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Grilled beef tenderloin with scallion butter.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture015-1.jpg

But today I'm cleaning my smoker and Sunday 4 racks of spares are going in.

Mike

jacob
04-19-2008, 09:18 AM
A nice Brisket and a Boston Butt for Sunday Dinner with the family.

Kenny 13
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Had planned on brisket in the UDS but something came up for this morning, so I'll be doing babybacks instead this afternoon.

bigabyte
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I put 12 brats in a half size pan with a sliaced quartered onion, 4 garlic cloves and 32 oz beer. I put that on the WSM for 2 hours, and just now took the brats out of the bath and onto the lower rack of the WSM to start crisping up. The smoked onion/beer bath is inside now on high heat over the stove reducing.

I also put the ham on a couple hours back, and a butt rubbed with Lynch BBQ Sweet Rib Rub. The other butt I deboned and cut into 8 pieces to make BBQ. Instead of using Brown Sugar, I just sprinkled Tenderquick over the meat evenly, then bagged it up with Maple Syrup. I won't know how that works for at least 10 more days.

bigabyte
04-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Fark me! Holy farkamole that was great! I had the brats naked on the WSM out of the bath about 45 minutes while reducing the onion/beer bath on high heat inside. It reduced about 1/2 when I couldn't wait any longer. I was worried the brats may split open and then I may as well not live any longer. I put the brats back in the empty half pan, then covered with the reduced bath. Here's pics before putting the bath back on them, and after.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/bigabyte/2008_04_18/Brats.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/bigabyte/2008_04_18/BratsInBath.jpg

I put them on a plain bun with some of the onion and some stone ground mustard. They were so good I plowed right throguh 3 of them! I got tempted during the second one to dip the brat in bun in some of the reduced sauce, so I scooped some ouot into an Au-Jus cup. It was really, really good!

DaChief
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
A big ole butt for tomorrow.

McClung
04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Steaks tonight and picked up a great big 7 blade today that I'll gladly do something with tomorrow.

sterlingsmoker
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM

103.9 deg fever
Rash
aches
chills

Doctors are clueless they have tested me twice for measles and both came negative, so.

Maybe brined pork loin on the grill Sunday, but thats about it. Since I haven't been eating it should be marvelously delicious.

I think I would ask about West Nile or Lyme disease
or BBQ withdrawls...:icon_sleepy Hope ya get better soon.

sterlingsmoker
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm doin BBQ nachos for supper tonight and some Qed spam,fatties and a seven bone chuckie tomorrow.

bigabyte
04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
The Butt is almost done, Brisket is in the stall. I pulled the Ham off a couple hours ago, let it cool, then popped in the fridge to chill for running through the meat slicer with the Hard Salami and Smoked Sausages. Gonna be some deli sandwiches in my future.

My fridge is about busting out with all the stuff in it right now. Smoked Sausage, Brausnschweiger, Hard Salami, Burnt Ends (from 2 Chuckies), a Ham and a gallon ziploc about 2/3 full of Brats and Beer/Onion Bath. I still have the Pig Candy, Spam, Fatty, and maybe a stuffed Braunschweiger to go!:rolleyes:

CrimsonSmoke
04-20-2008, 01:28 AM
A couple of flat irons
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/woodyal/S7300048.jpg

A few birds for folks at work.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/woodyal/S7300047.jpg

bigabyte
04-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Butt was pulled last night, and brisket flat sliced. I left the point whole and put in the freezer for some other time. I already have burnt ends from 2 chuck roasts. Chuck burnt ends taste better too.:biggrin: No pics, sorry. so I guess it never happened!:biggrin:

I sliced up the Hard Salami, Ham and Sausages this morning. The Salami did take back the Hard Salami taste after cooling, but has a little something extra, from the smoke I guess, but it really doesn't taste smokey. It's good though! Think I may make a small sandwich with all that stuff later. 4 Galoon size Ziplocs full of sliced meat that is. Just gotta make space in the freezer now.