PDA

View Full Version : My Pre-check list...

Yakfishingfool
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
can anyone offer some ideas to what I have forgotten???

Chime in with ideas.....

redeux:

J Bay Cooking Check List

Friday – 125 people (10% overage built in)
-Hamburgers
-Hotdogs
-Chips
-Cookies

Saturday – 250 people (10% overage built in)
-PP sammies
-Chicken quarter
-Coleslaw
-Baked beans
-Cookies
-Leftovers as needed

Food items needed:
-400 hamburger buns
-150 hot dog buns
-150 bag of chips
-150 hamburgers
-150 hotdogs
-3 condiment kits
-125 pounds of cooked butts
-250 chicken quarters
-50 pounds coleslaw
-50 pounds of baked beans
-2 gallons Carolina sauce
-2 gallons grandma Kates sauce
-800 cookies (omg)

Cooking equipment:
-Grill
-Grill tools
- spatula x 3
- tongs x 2
- heat gloves
- Charcoal – 8 bags
- Chimney’s x 2
- Metal trash can for coals
- Canopy (2)
- Lights
- small generator/power center
- Turkey fryers
- Pot’s and large roasting pan from home
- Hot water heater
- Large baking tins
- Silver foil
- Plastic Wrap
- Paper towels
- Vegetable oil
- Gloves (2) boxes
- Coolers (3-4) big ones
- Propane tanks x 2
- Pam grill spray
- Wash basins x 4
- Hose with Y connector
- (3) 8 foot tables
- small working aluminum table
- plastic cutting boards
- butcher block of knives
- dish soap, sponges, cloth towels x 4, bleach and spray bottle

Que'inKC
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Good god...Where's the party and where's my invitation...

Yakfishingfool
04-15-2008, 11:42 AM
updated the list...

Divemaster
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I came up with the following... I'm sure you've got it covered but what the hell:

I don't see cookies on your food list.
You've listed 125 pounds of cooked pork butts... Is that the raw weight or cooked weight? Based on my calculations of 2 meat dishes and the PP Sammie's at a cooked weight of 3 - 4 ounces per samich... I come out to about 103 pounds raw or about 52 pounds cooked.
The 'Large Baking Tins', are those the same as "Disposable Aluminum Pans"? If not, you may want to bring at least one package of large and two packages of small.
Are you going to use the turkey fryers to start your charcoal?
I think I would add cutting boards and knives to the list. You may not need them but I would hate to not have them if I did need them.
Maybe you have this included with the wash basins, but dish soap, scrubbing pads, bleach, spray bottle for a disinfectant, anti-bacterial lotion, an old (clean) towel to act as a drying tray, and dish washing gloves may be needed. I like your idea of the metal trash can for the used coals. I've got that same thing on my trailer list.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a pain....

jdub
04-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Fishermens lie detector.
Aw skip that, just see if their mouths are moving!

I don't know what it may be, but think AWFUL weather. What are you going to need if a sudden monster downpour hits? Lots of trash bags, tarps, extra dry storage bins.

Have fun down there, I will be at the Hotel trying to eek out an existence!

Yakfishingfool
04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Divemaster:

Some good additions, thanks. The meats are cooked weights. I figured 6oz sammies and these folks will have been paddling for over 7 hours before eating, and some extra's built in. Disposable tins..all good stuff, updated the list...

Jdub, that's why the extra canopy, got tie downs and five gallon buckets for sand/water for weights...

Westexbbq
04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Seems like there was something about smoking wood last year........

Divemaster
04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
If I recall, he was talking about smoking the pork prior to the event and grilling the chicken on site. I could be wrong.... (It's happened before, just ask my ex)

Yakfishingfool
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
OK, yes, last year a certain someone, with a brand new big trailer and giant MOAB somehow forgot the wood. This year Willie is helping us out by pre cooking butts and chixs. Working on a team for delivery (WannabeBBQQueen) and some help to serve. The friday eveing event is all mine, got it under control. Serving at 6pm, no problem. Satruday service is at 3-3:30 and will have hopefully a few brethren helping out as well as some of the ladies from casting from recovery. Should be good to go either way. Scott

MoKanMeathead
04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I would bring chaffing stands and fuel to keep things hot that are supposed to stay hot.

Bbq Bubba
04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I think you about got it covered now, except i would advise a camera so you can show us how well you did! :wink:

Yakfishingfool
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I cosniderd chafing dishes, but I have a 2x5 foot grill, figure to load with small amounts of coal and use it as a giant chafing dish. Putting tossable big foil pans on it with covers for keeping warm stuff warm. Going to pre-cook a couple of fatties and add them to the baked beans and cook over the turkey fryer set on very low...big pot mod. Scott

BBQ Grail
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Might you consider something to drink?