PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Stone for grill

Norcoredneck
04-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Found this while looking
http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2959461&cp&sr=1&origkw=pizza&kw=pizza&parentPage=search

Brauma
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Not a bad price. Didnt see if they guarantee it. Looks mighty thin.

CaptGrumpy
04-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Comes with the pizza Paddle. This might be a must have!

Single Fin Smoker
04-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Pat dude! They're slidin a pizza down on a kettle which has to be a good sign. That has to mean it works right?

We got one of them Linens and thingys in South Coast Plaza. I'm gonna do this hopefully dis weekend!

BBQ Grail
04-15-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm going to get one of those tomorrow. Thanks for the tip Pat!

FatDaddy
04-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Thats basically the same set up i got at Bed bath and beyond it came with the peel the stone and the wire rack. i still havent used it in the cooker though.

butts a fire
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I think I might have to get me one of those looks pretty nice and the price is pretty good.

wlh3
04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Pat for the tip. That is a item I have been looking for. Cool:icon_bigsmil

Professor Salt
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I wonder if those handles come off? They look like they'd get in the way.

Single Fin Smoker
04-15-2008, 01:21 PM
For that amount, plus the wife informed we have a 20% off coupon, I'm willing to find out.

HB-BBQ
04-15-2008, 04:53 PM
I wonder if those handles come off? They look like they'd get in the way.The stone just rests on the wire rack which does get in the way so I never use it. I lay the stone directly on the grill and use the paddle to remove the pizza when done. I do leave the stone in there to cool off afterwards so I dont shock it by removing it from the heat. The stones will break if they are taken away from the heat too quick. I learned the hard way by breaking two recently...

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
does that stone have a maximum temperature stated on the package? and are you guys that have them using lump in your kettles when using the stone?

i bake pizzas at 420-450 on my eggs, but i've seen people go up to 900 degrees before (crazy)

Single Fin Smoker
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Okay, Rick's Tropical Delight.....do you think my weber can go up to 900 degrees?

If so, I got some grates to clean...

Bigmista
04-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I have a stone. I guess I need to get a grill, huh?

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Okay, Rick's Tropical Delight.....do you think my weber can go up to 900 degrees?

If so, I got some grates to clean...

i don't know, can it? i don't have one.

i guess it's time for me to back out slowly.

JediDog
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Pat used a pizza stone in his BDS, so you can do it in drums too.

Professor Salt
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Y'know, you don't need a stone to grill pizza. I do a thin flatbread type pizza from raw dough. It's stretched thin, and direct grilled over high heat. I use flavorful toppings and dress them extremely light on top of the crust. Takes maybe 4-5 minutes total to cook.

Of course, this won't get you a pizza in the style that most folks think of as American type pizza.

I'm teaching this exact thing at the Modesto (CA) contest next month.

FatDaddy
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
i found the box for mine, it is an onieda brand. but it is identical setup as that one. i rest it on the floor of my gas oven at 500* so i suppose it would be ok on the grill as long as u let it cool over the coals, like mentioned above. pizza peel is a piece of chit though. made out of balsa wood lol.

Norcoredneck
04-16-2008, 03:11 AM
i don't know, can it? i don't have one.

i guess it's time for me to back out slowly.
Show us you can make pizza and we will consider your input :biggrin::biggrin:.
Rick, still looking for ready made pizza crust. All I can find is already baked kind. I know I have asked a thousand times but any chance of pics in pakage so I know what I am looking for? Thanks.

swamprb
04-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Curious to see how this works out for you guys. I got a Bialetti Pizza Stone with a wooden peel and rack that looks similar to that. I haven't used the stone since I have the BGE stone. I've been collecting Pampered Chef and other no-name stones for heat sinks for the WSM's and adding mass to the Egg for pizzas.
One brand I won't recommend is a Super Stone that was sold at Ln'T and BB&B, had two of them crack on the first use.

Rick's Tropical Delight
04-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Show us you can make pizza and we will consider your input :biggrin::biggrin:.
Rick, still looking for ready made pizza crust. All I can find is already baked kind. I know I have asked a thousand times but any chance of pics in pakage so I know what I am looking for? Thanks.

that's what they are... already baked or half baked (like me):biggrin:

http://www.mamamarys.com/html/products/pizza_products.html

either those or kroger's brand is what i've been using. vinny has some really thin crusts that are more like a cracker when baked, really thin

Norcoredneck
04-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Those are the ones I have been seeing.